Nineteen

"Mexican food once we're done? I could really go for a chimichanga." Coeus said lightly as I prepared myself for my next confrontation.

"Oooo, I've really been craving chilaquiles!" I said, trying to sound excited while trying to push down all the dread. 

I shook out my body, trying to release the tension and smiled to myself. Apparently smiling even if you don't want to smile actually improves your mood and I'll try anything at this point. 

I smiled widely and even let out a little forced giggle. 

I looked over to Coeus to find him looking at me horrified. 

"What in the mother of hell is happening right now?" He asked, looking genuinely concerned. 

Ya... I guess I did look and sound a little psychotic...

I dropped the smile and pouted. "I'm just trying to brighten my mood!" 

"Well, the only thing you succeeded in doing is scaring the crap out of me and I can tell you right now that's not an easy thing to do." He said, putting his hand on his chest. "That's it, you're too unstable, that really showed me everything I need to know. I can't help you go home." 

"WHAT?! NO! YOU CAN'T! I'M FINE!" I yelled and a smile burst onto his face and he started booming in laughter again. 

I relaxed and shook my head at him. "You're kidding again. Right." 

"THIRD TIME TODAY!" He said through laughter, "MAN, YOU ARE GULLIBLE!" 

"Shut up."

He didn't. 

After a couple more MINUTES of him dying of laughter he became serious again. 

"Okay, we should go now." He touched my arm and the world flashed again. I opened my eyes to find myself in front of the Belle Foret pack house. 

"Fuck." I muttered under my breath. 

Coeus nodded, having seen my memories and knowing this might not go so well. Its impossible for us to know whether the stars altered their minds or if they truly were backstabbing assholes. I've been avoiding thinking or doing anything about it, just in case it all goes wrong. I'd rather live never knowing than live with the heartbreak of knowing they never really loved me but it seems like that's no longer an option. 

I took another deep breath, jumping in place and pushing back the tears that were trying to escape.

I'M ECLIPSE! DAUGHTER OF THE SUN AND MOON! I'VE GOT THIS SHIT!

"Fuck it!" I exclaimed before walking purposefully towards the building, head held high and confidently knocked on the door, feeling that all of them were together inside the house. 

After a couple seconds a stranger opened the door. 

"Can I help you?" They asked, clearly on edge, probably wondering how I got in here without the guards spotting me and giving everyone a heads up that they were letting someone through. 

"Hey, I'm here to see the former Alpha Jack and Gamma Heeler." I said calmly, trying to hide my shaking hands behind my back. 

Jen and I walked through mats of people sparring. The way they do it here is that they wait for someone to tap out. I observed each of them as I walked past.

"Gamma Heeler!" Jen exclaimed cheerful, earning herself a nod from who I assumed was the gamma.

The gamma was in charge of training wolves and played a large part in battle strategy.