Eighteen

Once I finished settling in I met Coeus out on the deck of his cabin. He was sitting on a older but comfortable chair and I settled in next to him, summoning myself a latte. 

Once again I tried to get into Coeus' mind to see what I could make him but ran into a wall, completely blocked out. 

"I like Mexican Mochas." Coeus said. 

"How did you-" I started.

"I read your mind. Duh." He responded rolling his eyes. 

Honestly even I'm judging myself for asking that. If this guy is this powerful without his actual powers I can't even begin to imagine how amazing he was in his prime. 

"So, where do we start?" I asked once we were comfortable with our drinks. 

"I'm going to be honest right off the bat. This isn't going to be training and playing around with your mind capabilities. Its not going to be fun for either one of us. It will be mentally exhausting and draining. We have to confront each of your demons, and we'll need to find you some closure and make sure you can truly move past everything for good. It's going to be rough and after that we have to find something which I don't want you to worry about so we'll have to confront once we get there, if we get there. Don't be afraid to quit. I'm going to tell you right now it is very likely going to be too much, there is no shame in stopping, you can always try again when you're older and more mature."

"I'm already pretty old." I mumbled under my breath and he just gave me a look that said 'shut the fuck up we all know you're basically a baby.' 

I sighed and nodded, "Lets do this." 

Coeus nodded, his usual happy joking attitude gone, replaced by a sorrowful one. 

"Okay, I'm going to dive into your mind and we can start right away." 

I nodded and closed my eyes, feeling Coeus shift through my memories, all the way from when I was a baby to how I saw today's challenges. 

When I felt him slip out of my mind I opened my eyes to look at him and he nodded. 

"Okay, we're going to start off easier to ease you into the process." He said grimly, before touching my arm. The world flashed as he teleported us somewhere. When the world came back into focus I found myself in the familiar fields of the witch community I lived in for a while.

"The stars were angry at you and turned everyone in your life on Earth against you, correct?" 

"Yes." I said shakily, having a good idea of where this was going. 

"While I was going through your mind I saw the many many betrayals and horrible people you've dealt with. Your way of coping was pushing it to the back of your mind and trying to move past it. It might have been the right choice if you had truly died that day fifty years ago but you didn't and it's still with you to this day. You need to confront everyone, no more running away, no more pitying yourself. You're strong, you're a god. You need to show them how they fucked up and work to finally and completely move on and completely accept that that was just what had to happen."

I nodded, my heart rate picking up as I realized what I had to do. 

"When you live as long as we do you can't let these things build up because it will come out and it will really bad if done wrong." 

I took a deep breath. I knew he was right but it definitely wasn't going to be easy. 

We walked through the fields and to the community's front door. We walked through invisibly so we wouldn't have to deal with the others questioning us as we followed the familiar presence.