Twenty-Three

"Um, hi." I said softly, my confidence leaving me, the floor suddenly super interesting. 

"I know I had a weak daughter, stop throwing it in my face you demons! I'd rather you go back to making me eat flesh eating slugs again than face this monstrosity we were cursed with." My so called father sneered at me. 

"I- I'm not a demon. Its really me visiting." I said, entering their minds and injecting the information they needed about me. 

My mother was just silently watching me, disgust covering her features as she processed the information. 

"LIES, LIES. ITS ALL LIES. STOP IT I DON'T BELIEVE YOU! HOW GULLIBLE DO YOU THINK I AM?! To think that- that deformation would have turned into a god! HA!" Alpha Green exclaimed before he burst out into laughter. 

"WHAT? ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME REGRET HOW I TREATED HER? BECAUSE I DON'T. SHE DESERVED EVERYTHING I GAVE HER AND MORE! SHE BROUGHT SHAME TO OUR FAMILY! SHAME!" 

Don't cry don't cry don't cry I chanted in my head while letting my father get everything off his chest. I'm not even sure how to approach this one... What do I say?

My mother tilted her head, still watching me carefully.

"Hm..." She finally said once I stared back at her. 

"Stars, you say?" She asked quietly. 

I nodded, glancing at my father who's face had turned red as he continued to scream at me. 

"Hm." She said again, biting the inside of her cheek as she looked me up an down. "Let me out of these cuffs. Let's have a proper conversation, daughter." She said sternly. 

I stared her down for a couple seconds before nodding and making her restraints disappear with my mind. 

She stood up, rubbing her where the restraints broke her skin as it quickly healed. 

She walked up to me, her posture proud and I mimicked her. Keeping my head up and holding her stare. 

She nodded at me and began circling me. Seeming to approve with whatever she was seeing. 

She stopped back in front of me. 

"Well, I assume you're here for an apology, but I have a feeling you'll be disappointed. The stars may have altered my thinking a little, controlled some of my actions but I was aware of most of what I was doing." She said, her eyes squinting a little at me as she looked for the reaction I won't give her. 

On the inside I was dying, everything in my screaming, begging for me to chain her up with silver and use Hades' little gift on her. 

On the outside however, I looked proud and strong. Unbothered. 

"While I shouldn't have beaten you as often as I did and should have given you a little more love I  don't regret most of my actions. Look at you. Strong and proud, even as the person you're supposed to admire and look up to hurts you. Whether you agree with me or not, you're the person you are today because of me. I'm not going to apologize because clearly what I did worked." 

I couldn't help but flinch a little at her words. 

What did she want me to say? Thank you for beating me? I think the fuck not. 

She is a whole new level of twisted I didn't even know existed. 

She wasn't stupid, she'd thought it all through. In a way she was almost worse than my father. My father is just an idiot piece of shit but she was completely calm and collected, proud of the fact that she beat her child only to help murder her in the end.