Twenty- Seven

35 Years Ago

I've been a goddess for about 15 years now and I still find it pretty crazy. My parents have been showing me around the universe and teaching me how to use some of the new powers I've been discovering. 

My favorite is being able to summon different objects out of nothing. My mother said it was something about illusions and the moon that got passed down to me but there isn't really a science behind it that I can explain. 

So far I've only been able to summon different foods for some reason. I have to close my eyes and concentrate on it really intensely. I have to feel the powers flow through me and use it to recreate the feel smell and look of the object. I've made some pretty creepy and crazy creations while trying to summon things but Moon said it would get easier with time. 

She doesn't even have to try anymore, she could summon an entire furnished mansion that is fully stocked in a second. 

For some reason the only thing that always always comes out right for me is different types of lattes and coffees. 

I'm currently sitting with my mother on the ground, surrounded by weird deformations of fabric while I try to summon us a nice couch to sit on.

"Eclipse, just concentrate. I'm sure you can picture a couch, feel it, smell it then let the power flow through your hands and feet and out into the world so we can stop sitting on the damn floor. My butt is starting to hurt." She said patiently but shifted uncomfortably like a child. 

"Mom, you're literally the moon, I think your butt is fine." 

"What the hell do you know about my butt? I'm going to send you my chiropractor bill after this. Its been an hour!" 

"You don't have a chiropractor! You're the moon!" 

"Shush up and summon a couch already!" 

I groaned and tried again. This time when I opened my eyes the result at least resembled a couch a little bit. This time the stuffing was actually in the fabric but there was no base, just weirdly shaped cushions.

Moon groaned, throwing her head back. "I'm done with this, Zeus is going to be here soon for your combat training anyways." She said, making all the couch deformations I made disappear and replacing them with her own beautiful comfortable one with a coffee table, lamp, rug and tv. 

She put her feet up on the little ottoman she made and switched on Handmaid's Tale, her favorite show at the moment. Apparently a werewolf, therefore one of her children, actually directed it. She was so proud because not a lot of weres get modern jobs like that. 

I stood up from the ground but before I could join my mother on the couch I was being knocked to the ground by a familiar heavy ass body. 

"ECLIPSE!" Zeus exclaimed happily giving me a bear hug before patting my head and standing back up. 

I groaned rolling over. "When are you going to stop greeting me like that? You're so heavy!" 

Zeus gasped, "I am not fat." 

I heard a deep chuckle from behind Zeus and peered behind him to find a gorgeous man smirking and patting Zeus on the back. He was as tall as Zeus but a little less burly. He was clearly strong but somehow the perfect mixture of lean and burly.

"You could lay off the cookies, Zeus. Don't worry, I'll help you get back into shape." 

Zeus grunted but we both turned our attention back to him. 

"Hey Moon." My mom didn't even look up from her show but waved a little. 

"Ares." At least she acknowledged him.