007

( RUE )

~

TAKING SOME OF HER CHEAP
roll up papers, she took the small paper out and began to grind her newly bought weed up. in that moment she received a phone call from the one and only rue bennett.

the iconic apple ringtone blared in her room as she set down her grinder and picked her iphone. "what's up rue?" she asked, setting the phone on her shoulder and leaning her head against it to keep it in place, so she could continue to grind up her weed.

"hey, what are you doing?" rue asked, ignoring lady's question. "rolling up." lady answered, it was weird for rue to talk or even call her. not that lady didn't want to call her it's just she didn't feel comfortable calling her and being like 'hey sorry for abandoning you when you went to rehab want to be friends again?'

"oh cool, can i come over?" rue asked, lady had to reason to say no. but she was still confused. "the first day of school is tomorrow..?"

rue groaned, "can i fucking come over or no?" rue asked aggressively, lady's eyebrows furrowed and the skinny girls aggression.

"fuck you rue." the dark haired girl retorted, hanging up her phone in anger. she slammed her head back and held her finished joint in her hand.

after a minute she decided she should call rue back, apologize. but why did she have to apologize (for ditching her) when rue was the one who got all agro on her.

deciding on a text instead, she sent a quick 'sorry, just don't like being yelled at. if you don't already have plans then yes you can come over.'

immediately after she heard a ding from her phone, 'i already told jules i'd come over. sorry.'

lady sighed, turning her phone off and lighting her joint. she turned onto he belly and looked through people she could text,

'maddy' no, she's probably with nate.

'cassie' might be with mckay, if not we aren't really that close.

'lexi' now that was a pretty good option, she liked lexi.

she liked lexi a lot. lexi was sweet and always finding a way to make her laugh. she smiled at the contact and pressed text.

'hey wyd' she decided to send. a minute later she received a message.

~

lexi 💙:
hey do you need something?

lady 💓:
no? just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out

lexi 💙:
oh, okay sure. i'll be there in a little

lady smiled at the text and held her phone close to her chest.

~