008

~

LADY HELD HER BREATH
as she walked into the school, by herself for the first time in three months. pushing her freshly cut bangs out the way, (thank you lexi.) she walked by the locker she presumed to be hers.

'543, 544, 545'

finally, she found the locker number five forty-six and set her book bag on the ground, already remembering the three number pin she had wrote down.

"hey, lady." rue said, passing by. smiling, lady set her unwanted things inside, and closed her locker. "hey rue, sorry about yesterday i-"

"no, it's fine. i was kinda being an ass haha." rue gave her a downturned smile and looked at her feet, lady smiled back and pushed some of her curly hair behind her ear. "well, i'll see you later." lady smiled. waving as the girl walked away with jules, jules smiled and waved quickly before returning to rues side.

sighing, she flung her backpack over her shoulder and made her way to first period.
as she looked around class, she sighed. seeing nobody familiar other than nate jacobs.

she looked over to him and he nodded, she walked over to the seat as the y'all boy pulled the chair out for her.

the girl sat down and placed her book bag behind her chair, hearing the two boys behind her snicker. "you're fucking this slut now jacobs?"

lady's eyes widened, she's been called a slut many times before. but never to her face. it's always been through texts or troll accounts online that were too afraid to confront her.

"the fuck is your problem?" nate asked, turning around, lady stayed silent as nate 'defended her honor.'

"just callin' it as I see it." the boy laughed, "fuck you ryan." lady stayed as she turned around, "you act high and mighty because i didn't want to suck your dick at mckays party."

ryan's friend eyeballed him and covered his mouth, stifling a laugh. it seemed as the other kids seemed invested in the altercation as well. "whatever, fuck your bitch."

"fuck you!" lady slammed her hands against the table and turned around fully, sizing up the juniors.

"dude, i heard this is what happens with drug addicts. they get all crazy." ryan's friend murmured, lady looked around to see everyone staring as the teacher hadn't even walked in yet.

"fuckin' junkie." ryan sneered.

lady looked around and felt her breath get caught in her throat, she picked up her bag and walked out the classroom, passing her teacher on the way out.

~