021

~

NOT LIKE A HALLOWEEN
party was just another unneeded thing to add to the chaotic mess she called her life. to be fair, she also did enjoy christmas too. but there was just this sense of familiarity with halloween.

maybe it was the idea of being able to cover up and pretend to be something you're not. or maybe it was it was rue's favorite holiday. either way, she enjoyed the idea of halloween. maybe not the effort that goes into putting an entire costume together and still trying to look hot. she managed anyways and ended up looking great no matter what.

before her life started to spiral at the age of fourteen, she actually was a lead in willy wonka jr. she didn't get the role of willy wonka sadly but she did get violet. her dressing up as willy now was probably some still deep down hatred for the casting director and that dumb ass hoe who got her role.

also, she hoped to be hidden by who she knew was coming tonight. she didn't even want to spare the jock a glance. no matter what, it was her fault that an abuser would be out of jail. she still wanted to have fun tonight. despite everything.

strapping in her tight purple gloves, as would a surgeon before performing a surgery. she heard the doorbell ring and she opened the door slowly, imitating how she thought willy wonka would open it if he was a real person. she was faced by rue, kat, cassie, lexi, and jules. a rather drunk looking jules too if she may add. rue smiled at the girl, lady plastered on the best smile she could for now.

"oh my god, your outfit." kat squealed, ripping the golden ticket lady had in her grasp from her. lady yelled out goodbye to her mom, not even bothering to wait for a response. she was probably getting coked up or something.

she did too much too keep her family out of jeopardy, way too damn much. risking losing her life in prison and putting an innocent (albeit, he did hump or maybe even fuck maddy in the pool.) man in jail.

as the walked to together down the street, already hearing the blasting music from well... whoever the fuck was hosting the party.

"hey, you look really good." rue said, reaching for lady's hand. lady held it tightly in her hands, noticing rues other hand was also occupied by jules. "thanks. you too." rue smiled at the brunette. taking in all her beauty.

~

"no, thanks. i really don't want to drink tonight." rue said to lady who was offering a shot. lady was going to question her, but didn't. lady downed the shot quickly, not even bothering to use a chaser with the harsh liquid.

rue just watched her intently, standing up straight from her hunched over position. "uhm, I'm gonna go find jules." lady nodded. already pouring herself another shot, deciding to do one with kat.

"alright, have fun." the brunette smiled at her girlfriend who waved her off, already exiting the house and into the backyard.

after rue was gone, lady's sat atop the counter, watching daniel approach her slowly. "willy wonka." he said, grabbing the bottle from her light grasp and pouring himself a cup.

lady nodded, "wow, how much thought did you put into that one?" she asked sarcastically, grabbing her cup between her thighs and taking a small sip.

daniel snorted, "not much, the top hat really makes it." he said, lady set her cup down and at the boy dressed in a jail costume. "you and ted bundy have a lot in common." before daniel could comment on how she knew how he was ted bundy. she said, "y'all both got unibrows and bother innocent girls."

lady dropped her cup onto his feet and made her way outside to find rue, only to see her holding on jules.

lady watched them, stepping closer, knowing neither of them knew of her presence. it was jules who closed their small gap and kissed the brown-skinned girl. both of them soaked.

lady couldn't even comprehend what was going on in front of her, she didn't even know how to process it. no tears, no yells of anger or even sadness, which most people would do when they see their significant other cheating on them with their best friend.

just mouth agape in shock. lady looked over at fez who saw her, with the same exact expression as her.

the girl ran back inside quickly, hoping that rue nor jules knew that she saw them. her heart was racing and was also broken.

and as if things couldn't get worse, in walked nate jacobs and maddy perez. everyone in the house began chanting and lady's heart felt like it fell to the pit of her stomach.

she was nauseous, she couldn't breath. she was having a fucking panic attack. she couldn't even bear the sight of the very tall boy kissing the girl roughly into the counter top.

her only escape route was upstairs, she ran up their and into the bathroom. "yo, chill."

"god, damn it." lady breathed out, seeing ryan sitting down on the toilet snorting up what appeared to be cocaine.

"you ever hear of knocking?" he asked, lady shook her heard sourly and went for the door. she was stopped by him grabbing her wrist.

"wait man, look. I'm sorry for that day in class, you still mad at me bruh?" he asked, lady turned around, the line of white powder was really tempting right now.

but she was clean.

her and rue promised to stay clean together.

"no, I'm not mad. i just- have a lot going on right now." she said, ryan stood up, "well, i day we be friends from now on, yeah?" lady nodded, sitting on the tub and looking at him.

"oh my bad, where are my manners-" ryan then handed her the dollar bill he was using, lady's breath hitched as she reached out slowly and grabbed the paper. looking down at the tray the held a white line perfect for her.

she promised rue.

the girl leaned her head down, nose on the dollar and her finger covering her other nose hole. angling it at the front of the powder.

she was hesitant, stopping for a moment. thinking of their promise. their promise to be clean.

but, they also promised they wouldn't break each other's hearts.

i guess sometimes you break promises.