010

~

LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW OF THE
car, lady watched jules pick rue up. "do you need me to-" jules shook her head and draped rues arm over her shoulder.

"it's okay lady, i got it."

lady nodded, watching jules close the car door and walk inside with rue. sitting in the front seat, she watched fez start the car back up. "you tryna go home?" fezco asked.

lady nodded, leaning her head against the window. "well, can i have your address b?"

"yeah sorry." telling fez her address, he began to ride away from jules house. "look, i know rue ight. she... she has problems." lady nodded, fez looked away from the girl and back to the road.

"i know you probably don't seem me as nothing but your drug dealer, but i do care for you, and her." fez continued. lady looked at him and smiled slightly.

"fez, can i ask you a favor..." fez nodded, "yeah l, anything."

"stop selling drugs to rue."

~

"wait, so that's not you in the video?" lady asked. recently a video had been circulating of a bigger girl getting her back blown out. which looked oddly familiar to kat hernandez.

spiking her curiosity, she asked kat through text. kat replied with a disgusted emoji and said no.

but lady felt like it was her. she just knew.

one week earlier.

"she's fucking lying, i know it's her." maddy exclaimed, "she tried to lie about it?" cassie asked. maddy nodded sitting on her bed. lady didn't feel right talking about her friend behind her back.

lady and kat weren't close, but they weren't not close. they knew enough about each other and lady didn't feel comfortable to let them talk about her.

"what if it's genuinely not her though?" lady asked, bb scoffed placing her vape into her mouth. "lady, who else has that body shape and a dora the explorer hair cut?" maddy asked.

bb choked on the smoke in her mouth and cassie covered a smile up. lady looked sideways and shrugged, "i dunno, i just don't think we should jump to conclusions."

cassie nodded, "me too, we should ask her in person before we claim anything."

maddy rolled her eyes grabbing bbs vape from her hand and taking a hit of it herself. "whatever, she's just gonna deny it. everyone already knows it's her."

~

"no it's not me, ugh i've been trying to tell you guys that." kat groaned, lady shrugged her shoulders. still feeling that might be kat, but didn't press any further. "so, i'm going to the mall after school, you wanna come with?" kat asked, "sure... i don't have any money right now though."

"it's fine, i have a hookup."

~