39. SCREW THINGS UP

39. SCREW THINGS UP

Elijah's POV

Now that the Sienna issue was out of the way, I could finally relax.
Actually, not totally relax. We still had to explain ourselves to the King about the pregnancy.
He didn't seem to happy last night and asked to meet us in the library at noon. He had actually said at 7 a.m but queen Dion pushed it to noon.
I was crazy nervous but relieved Sienna wasn't going to be a problem anymore.

I had a talk with Amy last night. She wasn't really close with her older step sister. Not that she didn't try. She had tried so hard to get along with Sienna but she made it close to impossible.
Sienna had actually told her not to bother because it would never change the fact that they were from two different classes and Amy would never amount to anything.
Who would do that to Amy. She is like the most adorable girl ever. I was going to prove that Sienna was  wrong and make Amy's brand a worldwide success.

At that moment, my thought of bubble was burst as the King walked in with the Queen right behind him.
He had a straight face but Dion's smile made all the difference. Marcus held my hand and gently squeezed it and I felt a bit better knowing he was here for me.
His parents sat down and the silence was driving me crazy. I was relieved when King Christian cleared his throat.
"Your mother has...explained several things to me. I know it's not the way we usually do things but due to the...circumstances it had to be done," he began.
This had to be the most dramatic selection in the history of Oasis. It had to be, considering I was a part of it.

"I know that Elijah is the one you have chosen to be your bride and that he is...pregnant. This is all good news but I still can't believe..." He was cut off by Queen Dion who was clearing his throat.
"Anyway...I'm happy for both of you. I guess I'm going to be a grandfather sooner than planned. This usually happens after the selection ceremony but as I said before things are different this time. Welcome to the family, Elijah," King Christian said as he finally smiled.
"Thank you, Your Highness," I said with a huge ass smile, I thought my mouth was going to tear open.
"Call me Dad. You're now a part of the family," he said and I jumped up to hug him and he hugged me back.
This had to be the best day of my life. I couldn't be happier.

Soon the King left but the Queen stayed behind.
"Mom, what did you do? I was expecting to hear the lecture of my life but then he just... let it go," Marcus asked his mother.
"Well, let's just say, I'm very persuasive," Queen Dion said before he winked at me. I love him so much. I wanted to be a queen just like him if not better.
"He was more angry we kept the pregnancy from him. He said he would have been cool and understanding about the whole situation," queen Dion said and a few seconds later he was laughing so hard with Marcus that they were literally crying.

"Dad...knows how to make my day," Marcus said when he had calmed down and could finally speak properly.
"Elijah, take care and rest well. If you have any problems, don't hesitate to tell me," Dion said.
"Of course, Your High..." I paused when he raised his eyebrow at me. "Of course, Mom" I said as I blushed and he gave me the biggest smile.
"I still can't get over how beautiful you are. My grand babies are going to be the most beautiful children. Later then. I promised your dad something. It's time for me to pay back," he said as he walked out of the library.

Marcus's POV

That was the end of our problems. Well that was what I thought before Elijah started straight up ignoring me from the time we left the library.
He used work as an excuse for the next 3 days and I rarely saw him as he spent most of his day with Amy.
They were setting up their new office and hiring new staff, buying equipment and officializing the new company.
I was glad he loved the company. It was actually my idea to buy out Sienna's Company but mom handled the rest.
I was sad, I hadn't spent any time with Eli and I wasn't sure why he was being like this.

"Marcus, are you alright?" Ross asked and I snapped back to reality.
We had met up for lunch and just hangout since none of us were working that week, considering the selection ceremony was happening in a few days.
"I'm okay. Just tired," I said.
"Elijah is still ignoring you, isn't he?" Jarvis said.
"How the hell do you know about that?" I asked in shock.
"Considering Elijah told our boyfriends how much of an ass you are, we were all bound to find out," Chris said and everyone agreed.
Did the whole world know what was up?

"Since you guys seem to know everything. Could you please tell me why he is even angry with me," I said giving them a defeated look.
"Something about you playing with his heart and making him cry," Ross said as he shrugged.
"Shit! I thought we were over that," I said as I buried my face in my hands.
"Dude, you had to buy him a Bentley to get over the one night stand stunt you had pulled. I think you need to up your game," Jarvis said.
"I bought him a damn company, what more do I need to do," I said in frustration.
"You never make a pregnant person cry. You will have to think of something if you ever want to get in between those legs again," Chris said and I knew he was right.
Why do I always have to screw things up?
What was I going to do now?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Marcus is stuck and y'all know how Elijah is good at keeping grudges.

The end is near.

I'm out