41. EITHER WAY I'M SCREWED PART 2

This is the day Marcus met Elijah for the first time.

Marcus's POV

This is insane. This is crazy. There is nothing normal about this at all. Even if it had been done over and over and over again, it will never be normal.
I can't believe they are really making me do this.
The fact that I have to be back home tomorrow just makes it even more real.
I'm 25 years old. The prime of my life. I'm still young but now they want me to settle down.
Not only that but it's not going to be a bride of my choice but their choice.

So what if they are making me choose from 10 candidates. It's still their selection.
I'm so mad, I just want to break something but I can't, because Sherard will scold me again.
I don't want to fall victim to his wrath again.
I once broke a chair in a restaurant out of rage and after the one on one I had with Jarvis's boyfriend, I do not want to have a confrontation with him again.
My delicate heart still hasn't recovered.

"Dude, are you alright?" Ross asked.
"No, I'm not alright. I'm just about to be forced into an arranged marriage. How can I be alright!?" I lashed out. I didn't mean to let out my frustrations on him but I'm just on edge.
We were currently at the Grand Hotel restaurant having lunch.
I came here for a business meeting but decided to take my friends along and try to have some fun considering that soon I was going to have to face my marriage arrangement.
I had been stalling all this time and stayed a few extra days but my father called this morning demanding that I get back home tomorrow because the candidates for my arranged marriage had arrived.

Apparently, there is a certain type of person fit to be the queen of Oasis Island and this is why I couldn't make the choices myself.
I have known all my life this day would come but I still cannot accept it.
What if I hate all of them and end up marrying someone who will just piss me off for the rest of my life.
"Calm down, Marcus. Avoiding this wasn't going to change anything," Jarvis said earning himself my famous glare.
"Oh gee.. thanks Jarvis. Way to make a guy feel all better," I said in a sarcastic tone. "I wish Chris was here. He would know what to do to brighten up my mood," I said in annoyance.
Chris couldn't come because he had some business to take care of elsewhere.

"He would just tell you to find the best club in town, get drunk and let loose," Ross said.
"Actually, that sounds like a good idea right now," I said.
"Are you sure, Marcus? You don't want a painful hangover when you meet your potential spouse for the first time," Olin said and Sherard agreed.
"At this point, I really don't care. I will cross that bridge when I get there. So tonight, we are all going out. If I'm lucky I will meet the love of my life and we will live happily ever after," I said.
"That's highly unlikely," Jarvis said earning himself another glare.
"You can't blame a guy for dreaming," I mumbled hating that he kept ruining my mood even more.

In the evening we all dressed up and went out.
Ross googled the best night spots and we ended up at a pretty nice club. We settled in the VIP section and ordered a few drinks.
After a while I got tired of watching my friends cuddle and be sweet with their boyfriends.
So I decided to mix and mingle.
After dancing with 5 different girls I got tired and decided to chill by the bar. It was getting late and I was crazy bored.

My plan was to party and let loose and have fun. I wanted to party on my last night as an official free man but I wasn't having any luck.
I thought I could get laid but none of the girls who approached me had caught my interest.
Maybe I should just give up and just accept my fate now.
I'm about to do something, I hoped I wouldn't do all my life, but being the Prince of Oasis and the heir to the throne I had no choice.
I guess now is a good time to get ready to go home.

"Stupid dad. Stupid friends. I don't need anyone anyway." I heard someone say and looked to my left side. I felt like time had stopped when I came face to face with the angel before me.
Its either I was crazy drunk or hallucinating because a man that beautiful could not be alive in real life.
"Having a bad day?" I asked just to make sure he was real.
"More like a bad life," he responded with an angelic voice that got me trapped as I was caught in his mesmerizing eyes.

That moment I made a decision.
I knew that I had to go back home and face what was waiting for me but seeing this beauty who literally took my breath away, I wished for one night.
Just one night with the perfect man of my dreams before me, before I face reality.
If only I had known that meeting him that night was just the beginning.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Just a glimpse from when it all started.