The Golden Tickets

Charlie's POV
It's been 4 days since the golden ticket competition had been announced and 4 golden tickets had been found.

- the first golden ticket was found by a fat boy or a 'porker' as grandpa George had said. He eats so many candy bars a day and he was quite repulsive...

- the second ticket was found by Veruca Salt, a snobby British girl who's parents gave her everything she wanted. It didn't matter how big or small she would always get what she wanted.

- the third ticket was found by Violet Beauregarde, she boasted about her achievements a lot and she was a brat like the other two. Well that's what grandpa George said...

- the fourth ticket was found by Mike Teavee, he hates chocolate but he is still going to a chocolate factory... it makes no sense. He seemed like an anti social kid because he was very into video games.

I wish I could be lucky enough to get a ticket, I know that if Libby was here she would want me to have one too. My heart still hurts when I think of Libby because I love her so much... even though she is my sister she is also my best friend. She helps me through everything and now that she has gone missing my whole family has been suffering. Not only physically but mentally. My parents are always worried sick, my grandparents are trying to be positive about Libby coming back and I'm just getting by. My mental health was going down hill but I didn't want to be one of those kids no one wanted to be around because they were depressed...

I was standing by the gates of the chocolate factory when I heard two men going past me while walking dogs saying that the fifth golden ticket had been found by someone in Russia. That hit me right in the heart... I just want to meet my idol Willy Wonka... I began walking back home when I saw something poking out of the snow. I walked over to it and saw a 10 dollar bill... JACKPOT !! I walked over to the candy store that Libby works at... well worked at. I bought a Whipple Scrumptious Fudgemallow Delight and unwrapped it carefully. The shop keeper and a random Lady was talking about how the Russia ticket was a fake. I peeled back the chocolate bar wrapper and that's when I saw it... the last golden ticket !!! Everyone saw and people began trying to bribe me to give them the ticket. One person said they would give me 50 dollars and a new bike and another lady offered me 500 dollars. I ran home telling my family I won the ticket. I just wish Libby was here to see me win it... she would of been so happy to see me win but I also couldn't get what I saw the other night out of my mind. The same man that Libby bumped into carrying someone that looked like Libby. I just hope she is safe. Grandpa Joe couldn't of been happier but I told them I didn't want to go because we need money more than chocolate, grandpa George said that I was being silly and that it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Charlie: "I'm not going..."
Grandpa George: "why's that?"
Charlie: "someone offered me 500 dollars for the ticket... I'm sure someone would pay more. We need the money more than we need the chocolate"
Grandpa George: "money is common, more is printed more and more everyday, but these tickets... there's only five of these in the whole world. Only a dummy would give something like this up for money... are you a dummy?"
Charlie: "no sir..."
Grandpa George: "then get that mud off your pants !! You've got a factory to go to"
Charlie: "but what about Libby? We promised each other we would see Willy Wonka together..."
Mrs Bucket: "Charlie... Libby has been gone for a week... I don't think she will be coming back..."
Charlie: "she wouldn't just leave us... it's like you've given up on her" I put my head down while tears stung my eyes and threatened to fall.
Grandpa George: "if she's not here it shouldn't matter, she would be happy for you Charlie" I smiled, he was right. No matter what I decide Libby would understand but maybe what I saw a week ago might of been real. What if Willy Wonka has Libby ?
Charlie: "looks like we are going then" I smiled and everyone cheered, we decided grandpa Joe would take me. I ran upstairs after saying goodnight to everyone, I lay down in bed and drifted off to sleep and all that was on my mind was....

~ maybe I will find Libby... ~