Prologue

THIRD PERSON POV

"Hurry up, Kageyama!" shouted an orange haired boy as he was dashing his way in the hallways and to the gym.

"Hinata dumbass!" retorted a black haired male, just trailing behind Hinata.

The two first years raced against each other out of their classroom as they were eager to get to the gym first than the other Karasuno Volleyball Club members. Just as Hinata passed by a room, a sound of an acoustic guitar caught his attention which made him abruptly stop with Kageyama bumping into him harshly.

They came tumbling on the floor just right infront of a door where the music came from.

"Dumbass! Why did you suddenly stopped?!" Kageyama fumed, quickly standing up.

"Hear that, Kageyama?" Hinata ignored Kageyama's rants as his eyes and ears were glued to the room.

Kageyama rolled his eyes, "Idiot it's just music."

But Hinata slowly twisted the doorknob, eyes sparked with curiousity while the sound got louder. "I've never heard anyone using the music room before," he said, stepping inside with Kageyama behind him.

"Coach Ukai will wonder what took us long again, stupid!" Kageyama half-shouted.

As the door fully opened, there was a girl by the window playing a guitar together with her soothing voice.

"Hello!" Hinata beamed, interrupting the girl's concentration.

She turned around with the sun's rays lightly touching her face. Hazel-brown eyes that reflected the light well, pale skin, a cute pointed nose, thin lips, and her brown hair flows freely to the wind's desire.

Hinata stood stiff, stunned by the girl's simple beauty while Kageyama only stared at her, arms crossed as he tapped his foot impatiently against the wooden floor.

"Hello," her voice was calm and collected, then she flashed a smile at the two boys. "Did I disturb you two?"

"Yes." Kageyama deadpanned.

"N-no!" Hinata stuttered. "It was. . .amazing!"

A small laugh escaped from her lips as she stood from her seat, placing her guitar back in its bag.

"I'm Hinata Shoyo! This," he gestured towards an annoyed Kageyama, "is Kageyama Tobio! We are volleyball players from the Karasuno Volleyball Team! And you are?"

Her face turned into a frown for a slight second but she smiled again. "Kumi Ayame, and I'm lost." She chuckled as Hinata laughed.

"Where are you actually heading?" Hinata asked, slapping Kageyama's hands away from pulling his shirt.

"Class 4, I'm a first year," replied Kumi.

"Really? What are you doing here in the music room?"

"I just said I was lost," Kumi repeated, "But I found the music room and I was tired searching for hours so I settled here."

"You just enrolled in the middle of the schoolyear?" Kageyama finally spoke up.

Kumi nodded and slung the guitar bag in her shoulders, walking towards them. "Well, I guess it's already dismissal, I should get going—"

Hinata quickly grabbed her hand, leading her outside, "Wanna watch us play volleyball?"

"E-eh...I'm not really into sports." She nervously scratched the back of her neck but Hinata pulled her towards the gym nonetheless.

"You will be!"

The three first years casually walked their way towards the gym. As they reached the door, Hinata and Kageyama quickly put on their volleyball shoes.