Chapter 34

THIRD PERSON POV

It was the last day of training camp. Karasuno are now playing against Fukurodani with Fukurodani in the lead.

Kumi watched each player closely, until she noticed the sudden change of the play's atmosphere.

"Asahi-san nice receive!"

The ball came falling down towards Kageyama. The black-haired setter breath in and out, concentrating closely as it neared him. Hinata's playing well today, he's not making any unnecessary movements and everything he's been doing is on spot.

Then from the side of the court, a pair of hazel-brown eyes met his blue ones; telling him something. Kageyama nodded, turning to Hinata who started sprinting. We just might be able to do the new quick—

"You're not gonna do it?" Hinata's voice subconsciously spoke in his mind.

Kageyama's eyes widen, seeing Hinata already in mid air as he awaited for the falling toss. His fingertips then touched the ball, tossing towards Hinata.

And it stops.

Hinata perfectly hits the ball on the opponent's side with ease, sending a wave of satisfaction and excitement coursing through the duo.

"..."

"AHHH!" They both turned to each other with happiness.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Kageyema yelled in excitement, "If you're gonna do that, you should let me know sooner!"

"I j-just felt it, you know! Didn't you?!" Beamed Hinata as the two victoriously celebrated.

"The heck was that!"

"That was awesome!"

The two turned to the spectators at the bench, then Hinata pointed at Kumi who held an impressed look.

"Did ya see that Kumi!" Hinata yelled.

"I did, Shoyo. Amazing," Kumi said, amazed.

Kageyama quickly shoved Hinata out of the way and eagerly protested. "How 'bout mine?!"

"Yeah, keep it up you two!" Kumi gave them a weak smile.

And the game went on with the duo successfully using their new quicks, the senpais synchronized attack, and more successful jump serves throughout the whole set.

——

It was their last match for the entire training camp at Shinzen High. Everyone gathered outside, just below the hill as the dominating smell of smoke and meat filled the air.

"Meat..." literally every player drooled at the sight as they eagerly waited for the time to eat. As Coach Nekomata ended his speech and a few other coaches, the exhausted players stepped closer to the grill, waiting for the word.

"...finally after this training camp, treat yourselves with some barbecue!"

"ITAAADAAAAKIMASU!"

And everyone started digging in hungrily. Kumi, Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, and Kenma sat by the slope of the hill as they watched everyone amusingly; Akaashi handing a choking Kageyama some water, Bokuto running around stealing each teams' meat, three idiots 'guarding' Shimizu from anyone that hits on her, and Yachi trembling as she was surrounded by guys thrice her size.

"You're not eating that?" Tsukishima spoke, looking down on Kumi's fair share of food.

Kumi didn't realize it, but she had lost her appetite. She shrugged, "You want it? How about you Kenma?" Tsukishima declined, saying he was full while Kenma shook his head 'no' shyly and went back to his game.