Chapter 7

KAGEYAMA's POV

I envy her. The cheerful desposition she shows to the team made her easy to fit in. And her skills. Her skills are way above mines, possibly on par with Oikawa-san's, but at the same time...I adore her.

The practice has finished just minutes ago, but everyone were still surrounding her -- listening to her voice and the guitar's vibration resonating throughout the gym.

I continued practicing my tosses, getting frustrated more often since I haven't hit a bottle since we started.

"--I'll try every way
It makes me know we'll be alright--"

Her voice dominated my concentration, making me turn towards her. She sang effortlessly and elegantly in the simplest way...it's no suprise people would fawn over her.

"Just hold me close and we'll be fine
Our hearts together
You're forever mine
Just know--"

I stood up, sighing. I made my way towards the bench where my bag was.

"--I'll try every way
It makes me know we'll be alright
With your smile
It makes my day."

She ended the song with a soft strum, applauses coming from the group of people watching her.

"Cliche," Tsukishima retorted, earning glares from a few people.

"What's so nice about that?" I muttered to myself, dabbing a towel on my face.

"More Kumi!" Nishinoya shouted.

"I think that's enough, Noya-san," Kumi chuckled. "Let's head to Keishin-san's store and buy pork buns! My treat!"

Everyone cheered and jumped enthustiastically as they hurriedly cleaned the gym.

"Something bothering you, Kageyama-kun?"

I stood stiff, slowly facing to my left where the voice came.

"You were silent the whole time, it's a miracle you only yelled at Hinata once today." Kumi said.

I stared at her, absent-mindedly studying every detail of her face. The incident suddenly popped into my mind, mentally blushing at the thought of having her so close to me.
Her vanilla scent still lingered in my nose, which was hard to ignore, and now her scent was growing stroger now that she was infront of me again.

"Sorry about, uhm," I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I-i-it's fine." She stuttered, avoiding eye contact.

Is she...flustered? She looks cute when she's flustered.

"Did Hinata apologize?" I asked.

"He did. To you?"

I turned to the orange-haired boy and turned back to her. "Yeah."

"Help us clean up, then we'll buy pork buns." She smiled before grabbing a mop and started cleaning.

I stood frozen and speechless in my spot, clutching my shirt.

Why is my heart beating faster?

And my stomach churned weirdly the moment she smiled.

Idiot!

I shook my head as I broke out of my trance and started picking up the volleyballs.

---

"Arigatōgozaimashita!" We all said in unison as we munched on our food.
She flashed a smile, standing beside Tsukishima and Sugawara-san.