Chapter 41

THIRD PERSON POV

The Spring Interhigh Qualifiers has already began, and Karasuno has started their first match against Johzenji.

A wild, unpredictable team on court with no intention of playing the match seriously. But their wildness has somehow brought out everything they are as a team despite their banner that says "Simplicity and Fortitude."

The opponent's team goes for a normal serve which was unable to cross ti the other side as it hits the net. His teammates held wild grins, ruffling his hair and celebrated as if it was a point.

It brought confusion to Karasuno.

Then the first set went on with the current score of 19-17 with Karasuno in the lead. Kageyama had his eyes focused on the opponent's attack, until he realized it was a quick, he aligned with the spiker and—

He blocked it. With his face. Along with the ball falling on Johzenji's side.

Karasuno took a timeout as soon as they saw Kageyama turn around with a bleeding nose.

"Kageyama don't die!" Hinata shouted worriedly.

"He's not gonna die," Tanaka laughed.

"Kageyama, we're switching you out until your nose stops bleeding." Coach Ukai said.

But Kageyama furrowed his eyebrows and opposed, not wanting to be subbed out. "My nose is not bleeding!" Everyone around him snickered as Shimizu handed him some tissues.

"I'll handle things while you're gone!" Hinata confidently stated.

"Yup. Leave everything to your senpais," Sugawara flashed a charming smile with a hint of smugness.

"Go have it check."

Kageyama's eyes turned dull as Yamaguchi tries hard to get to take him to the clinic.

Not a few minutes later, Karasuno took the first set as it ended with Johzenji failing while imitating Karasuno's synchronized attack.

Now, they were already at the second set with the current score of 11-17, Karasuno still in the lead. Johzenji then called for a timeout after that big point gap.

Everyone retired back to the benches, drinking their water while discussing plans. Meanwhile on Johzenji's side, they finally started realizing to get serious on things.

"Nē, is Kumi watching?" Asked Noya to whoever heard it.

Takeda nodded, "Her mother just told me she was cheering hard for you guys." Then he turned to Kageyama, "Kumi said 'nice block'."

Kageyama's face turned red in embarrassment as everyone snickered around him, making him growl in annoyance.

The timeout ended, and in just a blink of an eye, Hinata scored with a feint that brought Karasuno to set point. This time, Johzenji started playing for real. Their libero received the ball, sending it to the setter as everyone moved in unison.

"Another synchronized attack?!"

"Be careful! That one's different from last time!" Shouted Coach Ukai from the sidelines.

As the spiker brought up his hand, hitting the ball as it got past the blockers and receivers—

It was out.

The whistle blew.

Ending the match with Karasuno winning.

——

"You did it!" Yachi shouted as she approached the team.

"YEAH!" Tanaka wildly shouted.

"YEAHHHH!" Followed Noya as they raised their hands for a high-five.