Chapter 55

THIRD PERSON POV

RINGGG! RINGGG!

"H-hello? Who is this?" Mrs. Kumi regained her posture as she spoke to an unknown caller.

"Hello, Mrs. Kumi. It's Tooru."

"Oh, Tooru. It's been so long, how are you?"

"I'm fine Mrs. Kumi, but I just really want to know how's Ayame doing?" The Seijoh player said, worried.

Mrs. Kumi looked over the doors, still unable to see anything due to the curtains that covered her vision of her daughter. "She's in surgery right now...T-T-Tooru. It's been 11 hours since."

"I see, Mrs. Kumi. Can I...get an update after the operation?"

"Of course, Tooru." Mrs. Kumi smiled sadly.

Suddenly, a few nurses bursted out of the door from the operation room, rattling on their actions as they shout commands to nearby nurses.

"More of the antibiotics! Hurry!"

"Quick! We're losing her!"

——

Kamomedai won the first set in just in a blink of an eye with the score of 25-20.

Karasuno then took the second set with the score of 25-22.

And now they're playing the third and final set. Whoever wins, advances to the semi-finals.

"Chance ball! Kageyama!"

Kageyama ran under the ball, catching a glimpse of Hinata running for the back row.

"Synchronized attack!"

Everyone moved in sync.

"I'm here!"

"Me!"

"Over here!"

As everyone jumped together with the toss, Hinata came up from behind the black haired setter, going for the set. He swung his arm with full strength and spiked it over the net and to Kamomedai's side, scoring a point.

Karasuno 14-13 Kamomedai

"BREAK POOOOOOINT!"

"KARASUNO! KARASUNO!"

"NICE HINATAAAA!"

Hinata fell to the floor, smiling widely as he knelt. Now I get another turn out on the court! The orange-haired boy thought.

"One more Hinata!" Tanaka grinned, reaching his hand out to help Hinata get on his feet. Hinata gladly accepted the hand as he reached for it—

"H-h-huh?" 

Hinata fell to the floor once again, his body trembling as heat started rising up. He tried moving again to stand, but his body won't budge.

What's happening? Weird. Why can't I get up?

The gym fell silent and all eyes were on the shaking boy.

"Sensei!" Shouted Ukai to call for a time out.

"Hinata, what's wrong—"

"I think..." Kageyama said from the side, a frown on his face, "he probably has a fever."

The whole him turned to Kageyama with confused and worried expression as he continued.

"I was thinking you've put in a lot of work today, but it was you so I didn't worry about it. But earlier, something was off. Your hand felt way too hot."