Chapter 42

THIRD PERSON POV

Just minutes after Ennoshita stepped inside the court, the score is now 23-19 with Karasuno leading. As it was Tsukishima's turn to serve, a whistle came from the referee in the sidelines, making everyone turning their heads to that direction.

Yamaguchi was trembling as he held up a number 11 sign, ready to substitute Tsukishima as the pinch server. The blonde quickly stepped out of the court, grabbing the sign and suddenly noticed his friend's nervous state.

"You're too tense," Tsukishima stated bluntly. "This isn't like last time when the other team was ahead of us."

Yamaguchi's eyes glimmered with hope and all waves of nervousness were washed away. "T-Thank you, Tsukki!" He smiled, happy to be motivated by someone he least expect.

He breathed deeply, concentrating on the game infront of him. Just like what Tsukki said, we're in the lead. And just like what Kumi said, think about how your nervousness affects the game. Right now, it's not the time to be nervous.

Yamaguchi threw the ball in the air, hitting it with his usual jump serve with an 'eek', fortunately the ball was just able to reach the other side, scoring a point.

"Nice serve Yamaguchi!" His teammates praised. Then the freckled boy went back to the service area and went for a safe ball. Fortunately, Asahi scored the last point, resulting into Karasuno taking the first set.

But as the second set went on, Wakunan dominated.

25-20.

And they were now facing the third set.

"It's a counter!"

"KAGEYAMA!"

Hinata spiked the ball on the other side, crashing into Kageyama after.

"A-are you all right?!" Asahi shouted worriedly.

"I got too enthusiastic." Hinata smiled dumbly.

"Be careful! Seriously, be careful!"

"Cover!"

"Nice kill!"

"Chance ball!"

"Nice Tanaka!"

"Takeru!"

If I can't get this ball, Ennoshita thought to himself, chasing a wipe outside the court. Then I have no right to stand in this court!

"Ennoshita nice receive!"

"Don't mind"

"We'll get it next time!"

And now, the score is 23-22 with Karasuno leading the set. As Wakunan went for the serve, Noya called for an out, which really was. Taking Karasuno at set point.

24-22

But Wakunan was able to score.

24-23

"Nishinoya nice receive!"

"Hinata! Get the last!" The orange haired boy sprung up as the toss came for him, but as he outstretched his hand, it was unable to reach the ball—

"Ngghh!" Hinata grunted as he hit it with his left arm.

He panicked! Coach Ukai said in his mind.