Chapter 23

THIRD PERSON POV

"Mhephllo?" Kageyama yawned tiredly as he chewed on his pork bun.

"Did you arrive already?" It was Kumi.

"Oh, Aya. Not yet--" he held his phone down and turned to the blonde woman who Tanaka called his older sister. "Ne-san, are we near?"

"Oh you're awake?" replied Saeko Tanaka, "Yeah, almost."

Kageyama nodded and went back to his phone. "We're almost there."

"Alright," Kumi replied, "Safe trip you three! See you tomorrow."

"Yeah," and he hung up.

---

"Another loss," whined Tanaka.

"1 lap of diving drills!" Daichi clapped his hands as the whole Karasuno team lined up behind him. "Go!"

The other teams who also participated in the training camp -- Nekoma, Fukurodani Academy, Ubugawa High, and Shinzen High -- watched Karasuno from afar as they execute the penalty.

"That's their 8th loss today," Kuroo, Nekoma's middle blocker and captain, sighed.

"Shoyo isn't here yet?" Kenma, Nekoma's setter and the team's brains, spoke flatly.

"Guess the demon duo's taking their sweet time," laughed Kuroo as he turned around, grabbing Kenma's game. "This is a break for a reason Kenma."

Kenma slouched back against the wall, taking a waterbottle. Then the door suddenly bursts open, a blond woman with a bob cut panted as she entered.

Everyone turned to her, behind her were two figures.

"The stars have shown up fashionably late. How annoying." Kuroo smirked. Kenma perked up, whipping his direction the entrance.

Hinata and Kageyama walked through the entrance of the gymnasium confidently as they felt all eyes on them.

"Yosh!" Hinata pumped his fist in excitement. "Let's go, Kageyama."

---

TOOOT!

"Hinata nice kill!"

"Kageyama nice serve!"

"Chance ball!"

"One more!"

Kageyama tossed the ball, seeing Hinata dashing from his left. Hinata spiked it with full power, sending it hitting the floor flawlessly which ended the set.

Karasuno finally won this time against Shinzen High; the exhaustion and sweat exerted by the other members, aside from Hinata and Kageyama, has finally been put to rest as the last match of the day ended.

RING! RING!

Tsukishima sighed in annoyance when his music was replaced by his phone ringtone. He turned to the caller's ID, eyes widened as he quickly pressed the accept button.

"Kei?"

Upon hearing that voice, the blonde rushed outside of the room and went to a more private place. "Ariyo-san?" He replied in his usual monotone voice as he spoke to Ariyo Kumi, "Where's Ayame?"

"Can you tell Keishin that Ayame won't be able to come tomorrow?" Her father said worriedly.

"I see," replied Tsukishima, realizing the situation.

"Arigato, Kei."

Tsukishima hung up as he stared at his phone for a few good minutes before heading to where Ukai was to relay the message. He saw Ukai smoking by the balcony with Take-sensei beside him, giving Tsukishima an easier oppurtunity to approach.