Chapter 23

AUTHOR'S POV:

It has been three days ,and Jungkook is still fighting back against his own heart.
Every night he stands outside y/n's room, with his hand clutching around the divorce paper, vacillating whether to step forward for the divorce or back off...and all this is because ,his heart and his mind are waging a war inside him.

Earlier he used to think that leaving that girl will be the easiest job ever but now.......

Now his heart tells something else.
It dances when she smiles and wails at the sight of her tears. He felt something new being nurtured in the depth of his heart for that girl....... something that Violet failed to give him.
Deep inside his heart a bud is blooming without his own knowledge....a bud which soon have to face a terrible storm.

Jungkook did his best to ignore and discard this feeling but he failed.
So his new mission is to run away from those things that keeps growing and declaring it's presence........

"That's it..."-  he declared by whisper-yelling on himself.
His feet stopped their pacing back-and-forth,while fist clutched tightly, and jaws clenched. His hand went up placing a knock on her door......

"Come in ."- her voice came from behind the door. After a few seconds of silence he went in and said in a stony tone,
"Can we talk......in my room."

Y/n was confused. Firstly it's Jungkook who wants to have a talk, that too at this hour.
Secondly he seemed oddly angry ......

"Hmm.."- she hummed.
Jungkook immediately paced towards his room while y/n got up from her bed to follow him.

'why do I feel like something is going to happen..... and it's not good....'

Nevertheless, she quietly entered his room. The air was so tensed up....... It was suffocatingly uncomfortable.

"Umm~ wanna start??" She asked in the most ever innocent voice while her eyes showed emotions like scared and confusion.
Jungkook's decisions was about to sway at the sight in front of him but he clenched his teeth to stand firm.

Letting a small sigh out, Jungkook went towards his drawer and returned back with a file.
He handed it over to her.
Y/ns eyes travelled to his eyes and then to her hand and back to his eyes.
She search for any kind of answer or clue but failed to find any .
Giving up on that, she looked down at her hands which were holding a file........ With the invisible word 'danger' written all over it.

Breathing in a ton of air , she open the file.
But even before she could read the first sentence, the title of the document froze her on spot.
The moment her eyes fell on the Bold letters stating 'Divorce Agreement'..... Her time froze.
The file fell from her hands...... She looked up to Jungkook's eyes, desperately searching for the words 'its a joke' or 'you have been pranked'.....

But no.......the eyes were devoid of any kind of emotions.

"You are joking right??? Hmmm Jungkook????"- she asked while her tears threatening to fall.

But Jungkook didn't reply. He stood there like a stone. Though his eyes showed the emotions of guilty and sorry and hurt just for a few millisecond, but he successfully erased them away, even before y/n could notice them.
Y/n's legs became wobbly while her heart beat at a crazy rate. A great tremor overtook her. Tears raced down her cheeks. She could no longer take the heartbreak and fell to the floor in a dishevelled heap. She hid her face in her palm, while mumbling incoherent things through her hands.
~~~
After few seconds, she gathered up all the courage and strength and got up from the floor. She swiped her tears with the back of her hand but the tears poured down anyway.
She went towards him and trapped his hand in-between her's.
"Jungkook , if you are doing this because of that girl.....then believe me she doesn't love you...... She loves your Money.. belie.."

"Stop it y/n...... Don't blabber about things you don't know.!!"- he screamed at her, pushing her off lightly from him.

All the maids downstairs rushed out of the kitchen and stood near the foot of stairs .... all shocked by the sudden scream that echoed through the walls of this house.

Y/n stood there all shocked....
'He screamed at me ......for that girl??'

She picked up the file from the ground, and went towards her room with a trembling body.

Not much later, the maids saw y/n coming down the stairs with Jungkook following behind him.
Mrs. Choi fell in a dismay when she noticed the eyes of the couple which exhibited completely different emotions. Jungkook's emotionless eyes showed confusion while y/n's eyes showed the mirror view of her broken heart.

To everyone's surprise,she walked past the maids and went to the living room while dragging her bag behind her.
She placed the file on the centre table and turned to face the man.

"Take it....I have already signed the papers."

Her words put the maids in confusion while Jungkook was hurt. Though he was the one who demanded the divorce, but still, somewhere deep down in his heart he wanted her to refuse.....

Pulling everyone out their thought processes, y/n continued.
"Jungkook ssi~ you are blind...... You are a foolish jerk.......
But the stupidest one here is me....."- she let out a sorrowful chuckle and resumed.

"It was my stupidity that took me so long to realise that fairy tales are all lie....and I was living in one of them. .....
It was my fault that my heart raced for you...it was My fault that I fell for you.....and it was completely my fault that I waited FOR YOU ........

I waited for you too see the truth of your relationship and come back for me.....

I waited every night for you, to have dinner together.....but, either you did overtime or spend night with your girlfriend......If you thought I didn't knew anything then you must be the biggest knucklehead to believe that, because those marks on you unfolded a whole new story to me.....

I waited for you to mend everything and come to me....
But that day never came.
And the day which I never wanted to arrive...is here!

I tried my best for this marriage to work....I tried my best to give you happiness....I tried my best not to give up on you even after you used me that night.... But seems like it's all a failure.
I'm just a useless piece of burden on you ....
While you didn't wanted me in your world, I made you my world."- she sighed while her tears never stopped.

Though the maids knew that they should leave to give the couple some privacy but y/n's words froze everyone ... including her husband.

"Though my heart can't and doesn't want to see you wounded.... But I really want you to get hurt, just like you did too me.
You will get the truth ..... But it will be too late for you....."

And with that ,she stepped towards the main gate. The maids tried to stop her but she didn't even spare a glance behind, before leaving....
Jungkook stood there in a utter state of shock because of the words she uttered.
His brain stopped working. His brain didn't knew which fact to register in....the fact that y/n just confessed or the fact that she knew something that he didn't or the fact that his wife is leaving......

'What have you done Jungkook!!????
She was true..... You are gonna pay for your wrong decision !'- his heart threatened...

☆★ー☆★ー☆★ー☆★ー☆★ー☆★ー☆★ー☆★

Don't be a silent reader.
Like and comment .

@AlolikaJeon