Chapter 33

"STOPP!!"

The girl walking ahead came to a sudden halt.

"Let me tie your shoelaces or else you will soon be tumbling on the road with that huge tummy of yours" - Jin volunteered.

Already setting foot in the eighth month of her pregnancy, 'the big-tummy' Y/n can't do most of her works . Eating and bathing are the only two things she can do comfortably on her own.

After tying up the laces, the sibling stepped out for her regular evening walk. The doctor has advised her to walk everyday, so as to get dilated enough for a smooth labor. Following her doctor's advice, y/n goes out for a stroll twice a day , accompanied by one of her brothers.

Both of them ambled down the sparsely populated sidewalk towards the park.

Just meters away from the destination, y/n's eyes fell on a familiar suited figure approaching them with rather hurried steps.

"Hi Joonie oppa!"

Her greetings remained unheard and unanswered.

"Jin hyung , can we talk?"- His urging voice had a tint of panick.

"Y/n, just give me a second."

Both the males took few steps away for privacy while the girl stood in a typical 'pregnant lady' pose.

"Did you talk to her hyung ?"

"I was going t........"- he got cut off.

"Hyung, we don't have time. His condition is worsening day by day."- he disputed in a relatively subdued tone .

"Why ? what happened?"

"He is sick enough for the doctor to strictly advice him bedrest now. But despite being prescribed, he is constantly repulsing his medicines.
He didn't even eat anything since morning."- the younger one reported.

"Who are you talking about"- a restless voice was heard from behind.

Though they took few steps away, but it was not enough to keep y/n from listening their conversation. And on top of that the girl is no doubt skilled in eavesdropping .
So now the main question is who will tell her and how.

"Come on tell me .........who are you talking about? .......who is so sick but stupid enough to refuse taking medicines."- she asked while stomping her feets continuously in a restless manner.

Honestly, she was nervous. Her heart has already started picking pace in its cage. Right foot tapping rhythmically. Tiny , unnoticable sweat forming on her skin.
'Who is sick ?
Why are they tensed ?
Is it him ??
No no....it's not him...
It can't be him.
Why do I care?

Series of thoughts, passing through her mind, intended to take away her mind away but failed to do so because of the words that left the eldest's lips.

"It's Jungkook !" - he bit his fuller lips before continuing his sentence.
"For past months he is constantly working , neglecting his deteriorating health. "

Namjoon took over from there
"During this past three months, he has already finished off almost a year worth of paperwork........
From launching a new branch in Busan to making nine branch surveys, he has done everything....himself.
He is seldom found at his house because he is either in office, drowned in tons of work , or in the meeting room, conferencing with old and new clients.
Well, honestly this is good....this is what every worker wants from their boss. The company is expanding, profit charts are soaring, share price is escalating .....this is not just good but great...... but..