Chapter 29

*flashback*

After comforting the maknae, Jin and the others got back home on y/n's request.
The party ended. Everyone went home.

But he went out of his home, with an mere excuse of calming his mind down in the fresh air.

Looking like a living corpse, the boy kept on walking where his feets took him. Though his eyes were wide open, but they didn't send any message to his brain. It seemed like all of his body parts have shutdown on their own, except for his brain and legs.
Without a destination, the boy strolled down the quiet, empty sidewalk, which was void of any passerby.The chilling winds of the winter night striked on Jungkook's face giving him goosebumps occasionally.
But he was too lost to notice anything. His mind was being ravaged by words....y/n's words.
His past, marriage life, y/n, his child and everything else was fighting in his mind to gain his attention.

Engrossed in his thoughts, the man didn't even realise when his feet has already stepped on the crosswalk and is now crossing it.

Hhnnkkkk~~

A very bright, focused light and a honking sound at full blast, flicked the switch of senses, forcing Jungkook to return back to earth.
He turned his face towards the source of the sound with his eyes partially closed to protect them from the blinding light.
He saw a car speeding towards him at a dangerously close distance. He tried to move his body out of the way.
But before his brain could send his organs the message, and the driver in the car could step on the brake, Jungkook was hit with a great intensity.

Seconds after this heart wrenching accident took place, the driver stopped the car and came out only to see the boy lying in a pool of blood and his eyes closed.

Already scared as hell, the driver struggled to drag the heavy, well-built body of the bleeding man to his car. After sucessfully propping the man in his car, the driver headed for the hospital.

*Flashback ends *

"Abeo-nim.."- Mr. Jeon heard the voice.
He turned around to see a panting y/n , follwed by Jimin and Taehyung.
"Why did you run y/n ??? We told you so many times that now you have someone else to take care of along with yourselves."- the weak girl turned around to face an angry jimin.
She is really sorry to her baby for her insincerity but right now Jungkook is the one dominating her mind.
She apologized to the boys through her eyes and again turned forward to face her father-in-law.....well not exactly.

"How is he? What happened?- her impatient voice asked the old man. Her eyes moved to see Mrs. Jeon sitting on a metal bench, opposite to them, crying silently.

"Well he is in OT now. We will know his condition once the doctor comes out."
The old man described the accident word-by-word , just as the same way as the guilty driver did.
With that being said, the old man urged y/n to sit down beside his wife.
He got y/n's pregnancy news at the party, from his in-laws.
Jimin pulled the disobedient girl towards the chair. He sat beside her giving her the shoulder to cry..... the thing she needs at the moment.

Time skip.

Silence was floating in the whole corridor like a thick mist. Y/n fell asleep for few seconds because of her an hour long crying .
Mr. Jeon is sitting beside his wife, consolating her.
It has been almost half-an-hour since the rest of the BTS members have arrived.
Jin, yoongi and Namjoon was sitting on another bench, while and Hoseok was pacing back and forth.
Taehyung came back from the canteen with a water bottle for y/n.