ɪ'ᴍ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ | ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴛ x ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

WARNING: Swearing, mention of blood

It was always your dream to become a psychologist. You'd dream about helping people and listening to their stories. It interested you how many people would describe the same world in different words.

You studied hard to become a doctor. You sacrificed your sleep and sometimes even forgot to take care of yourself - all for the sake of your future. The bags under your eyes were deep and dark and you couldn't do anything to hide them. But you never gave up on your studies. Your friends were worried sick about you, but you assured them that you're fine.

Years later, you've finally achieved your goal. All of your hard work, all of the sleepless nights and painkillers, they all lead you to finally becoming a doctor. All of your friends were happy for you and so was your family. You could finally start caring about yourself more and throw all of the stress and nervousness away.

You were now standing in front of an asylum, the place you've been aching to visit since childhood. Not because you had a feeling you'd end up in here, but because you've always wanted to work there. A real house of madness, where you could save all of the patients' lives... or at least partly fix their minds and help them accept themselves.

You've never visited the asylum before, it was your first time. You were wearing a classic white coat all doctors who were working there had to wear with a black shirt underneath it. You had a simple pair of black jeans with a belt and an old pair of sneakers.

As you entered the giant building, you grew a bit anxious. You knew this job wasn't meant for everyone and were glad you got here so easily, but were you really suited for this job? It won't be easy and you trained and studied hard to make sure you won't fail, but was all the hard work enough?

You shook your head, making all the negative thoughts leave your mind. There's no escape now, whatever will happen, you have to accept it. There's no way you're going to back up now.

The hall you were in seemed almost endless. You felt like you were walking forever, which made a few more negative and anxious thoughts appear around your head like text bubbles. When you reached the end of it, a man in a white coat approached you. He had short black hair, a pair of unusually bright yellow eyes and a tired smile on his handsome face.

"(L/N) (F/N)?" He said in a questioning tone, waiting for you to either agree or disagree. You gave him a small smile and relaxed a bit, not wanting to look like a scared cat.

"That's me." You didn't know what else to say. You even trained your introduction, talking to a teddy bear and feeling like an idiot. But as soon as the male started talking, all of your prepared speeches left your brain and you were left with nothing.

"My name is Miyazaki Shoji, but you can call me Shoji, since we're coworkers now. I'll show you around and lead you to your first patient." He spoke softly and you nodded your head. You were glad you didn't have to deal with some kind of a snobby or bossy doctor. In other words, you truly appreciated his kindness and politeness.

"No need to be nervous. I know it's your first day, but you can relax. I'm sure you'll do just well." He continued talking as you followed behind him like a lost puppy. You had no idea the asylum was this big on the inside. There had to be hundreds of patients.

You only stopped walking when he pointed to a door on the right side of the long hallway. You inspected it and noticed the sign "#023". It was a patient's room, not different from the rest. The only thing you could see from it was an iron door with a small window. The rest was hidden inside, maybe for the best.

"We're here. Inside this... cell is your first patient. Just remember which one of these cells is the right one. Number #023." You eyed the door for the last time and glanced behind you. You weren't sure if you're going to remember where exactly the room is, but nodded nonetheless.