ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ | ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ᴇx - ʙᴏʏꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

WARNING: Swearing

A/N: I got bored, so I've made a new version of an older oneshot. The older one had a good start, but I was too lazy to give it a good ending. I'm not saying this version's better though. You can read the original version in my other book, Yandere x Reader Oneshots. You can find it on my profile. Enjoy :)

SONG: They're coming to take me away - Napoleon XIV

After years of manipulation, lies and what seemed like a one-sided love, you've had enough. You've decided to finally break up with your boyfriend. It was really hard for you at first. You were so used to him being around and without him your apartment looked so empty. You had spent countless nights crying your heart out at the thought of him being gone. He was a jackass, but you still held feeling for him, even after all he had done.

It took you months to even realize how much he controlled your life. You've been ignoring everything he had done until now. He took your phone when you weren't looking and deleted a few contacts here and there. He ripped a letter from your pen friend in front of you because there was a heart on the letter. He talked to a few of your friends and told them to stay away from you. How could you be so blind? How could you put up with him?

"Why did you delete his number?!"

"He was just trying to get in your pants, (F/N)! I did it for your own good!"

"What are you talking about?! He's my best friend, he would never do such a thing!"

"I was trying to protect you!"

"What are you even trying to protect me from? Why do you keep looking through my stuff?!"

"You wouldn't understand!"

Thoughts about ending the relationship had occurred sometimes, but you were quick to get them out of your head. Even if you two argued a lot, you felt a some sort of a connection between you. Now that you were looking back at it, you wished you had ended this whole thing way earlier.

Whenever you two got into an argument and you felt like leaving, he'd get on his knees and beg you to stay with him. He'd start crying and clutching on your clothes, sobbing out your name with a pained expression across his face. You knew it was all an act and he was faking it just so you wouldn't leave him. But you couldn't stand looking at his depressed self, you didn't want to see him like this. Even though you could see right through him, you had played his little game.

But that's all in the past, left behind. You've had enough of his sobby excuses and acts. He had crossed the line when he started threatening your best friends and even coworkers. You gave him a piece of your mind and angrily stormed off his house. He smirked to himself, knowing you'd come back. You'd always come back, right?

But you've never returned. You've left him for good and that's when he realized he screwed up.

Remember when you ran away

And I got on my knees

And begged you not to leave

Because I'd go beserk

Now that he was no longer a part of your life, you could finally start living like a normal person. You could hang out with your friends without being worried. You could get back to your hobbies, since he can't interrupt you and tell you it's only a waste of time. You could do whatever you want, because there's noone to scold you.

You sighed. He was a manipulative asshole, but he could be nice at times. He used to invite you to your favourite restaurant from time to time. When you couldn't sleep, he was always there to listen to you - personally or over your phone. The times when you two would cuddle under warm blankets while it was snowing outside. When he surprised you on your birthday with a bouquet of roses and a teddy bear, your weekly movie nights.