ɪ'ᴍ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ | ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ꜱᴛᴀʟᴋᴇʀ x ᴏʙʟɪᴠɪᴏᴜꜱ! ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

WARNING: None

A/N: This one was rather rushed. I've lost my motivation in the middle of it. Anyway, take this as a sorry for my inactivity. School's a bit*h. :)

You've never noticed him before, yet you were always so close to him. He never let you out of his eyesight, but you were unaware of his presence. You were oblivious to the walking danger that was breathing down your neck whenever you stepped outside.

He made sure to distance himself from you, not wanting to alarm you. You didn't know about his existence and he preferred it that way. He was walking behind you, sometimes stopping in his tracks. His steps matched yours perfectly, making it impossible for you to hear him. He also made sure not to let out any sounds as he didn't want to be seen by you. Whenever he saw someone else approaching, he took out his phone and pretended to be busy texting someone. But he was always keeping a close on you.

He was always watching your back. He looked like a protective parent, but it was far away from that. He wasn't doing it just for protecting you, he was doing it because it satisfied him. The way you'd awkwardly smile at strangers, the way you'd accidentally trip over your own legs, the way you'd greet people you knew for ages. It wasn't because he felt like your overprotective brother, he just enjoyed watching you.

But he did care about your safety. He didn't wish for anything bad to happen to you, no. He wouldn't forgive himself if he let you get hurt. Nothing could happen to you as long as he's there with you, right? If anything, he could always save you from the approaching danger. As long as he was there.

You were oblivious to his presence, to his very existence. You never knew you had a stalker and you'd never believe it if someone told you that you had one. You thought of yourself as a common human, uninteresting and boring. But you were far from that.

Every single bit of you fascinated him. His eyes would shine whenever he spotted a glimpse of your (H/L) (H/C) hair. A smile would unknowingly made its way on his handsome face whenever you stopped walking just a few meters away from him. He loved even the smallest things about you, your childish pouts and wide grins, the sparks in your eyes and freckles on your skin. He was nothing but a stranger to you, but you were his everything.

You never noticed a pair of green eyes staring at the back of your head. You'd often get a feeling of someone watching you, but you'd shrug it off. It was probably just your mind paying tricks on you, or maybe you were just getting way into fan fictions.

You never heard the silent snaps of an old camera, nor did you notice someone recording you during your walks. Maybe it was for the better.

He was wondering if he could ever get closer to you. If he could ever approach you without trying to be sneaky. If you could ever give him one of your famous smiles and lay your beautiful (E/C) eyes on him.

He shook his thoughts off. It wasn't the right time, not yet. He had to be patient or he'd mess everything up. Only a few more weeks, maybe a month or two. Then he'd finally get you. He had no reason to speed things up anyway.

No matter which path you took, he always followed you like an obedient puppy. He didn't care if he got lost, not as long as he was near you. Just a glance at you and all of the negative feelings he was struggling with for years suddenly disappeared.

You were an angel. And he was going to protect that angel from everything dirty, dangerous and evil.

As he was trailing behind you, he noticed you waving at someone. He furrowed his eyebrows, taking a look at the person in front of you. Whoever it was, he was approaching you with arms wide.

"Kiyoshi?" You let that word slip out of your lips quietly and softly. Your voice was like a sweet melody to him, the one that calmed him down no matter the situation he was in.

He snapped out of his daze and took out his phone. He had to find whoever the hell 'Kiyoshi' was. He typed his name in his notes and looked up from his phone. The male was touching you with his dirty hands, acting as if he was a member of your family.

Perhaps he was?

He snickered quietly. It didn't matter who he was, he had no right to hold you like this. As if you were his.

You quickly wrapped your arms around Kiyoshi's torso, happy to see him. He was a close friend of yours back in middle school, but the two of you stayed in touch after going separate ways.

When he saw that, he almost choked on his own spit. How could he not know about the person if you were so close to him? How did he not see him around before? He gritted his teeth, typing in his phone once again.

"That's it, today's the day. I've been patient so far, but..."

"I'm tired of waiting."