ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ | ʏᴀɴᴅᴇʀᴇ! ᴋɪᴅɴᴀᴘᴘᴇʀ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

WARNING: None. This one is safe.

He got home from work, feeling exhausted. His boss would leave him extra papers to finish and send over the past few days. He hated that guy, but at least he got a slightly higher amount of money. Not that he needed it, but at least he could surprise you with something new. He loved surprising you with new and unique gifts.

Right now, he wanted nothing else but your company. Just seeing you from afar would do the trick. But he knew he wouldn't be able to hold himself away form you for long. Oh, how he wished to finally see you again after a long day.

With a slowly growing smile on his face, he entered his basement, knowing you'd be there. You could say you've been spending a lot of your free time down there. You had your own room, but you had to move after you attempted to escape. You were too close to leaving, which made him both sad and angry. He also didn't want anyone to find out about you. He walked down the old grey stairs, his kind smile changing into a cheshire grin once he spotted you.

You on the other hand weren't so happy. You couldn't see thanks to the blindfold you had wrapped around your eyes, but you could still hear his steps echoing through the basement. After being left in an absolute silence, this was a nice change. You shook your thoughts away. Even with the blindfold on, you could imagine the look on his face as he got near.

He only tied you up when he had to left. He knew you were still determined to escape this place. The thought of you leaving him just like that terrified him. So he tried his best to prevent you form doing that.

The blindfold? Just so he could surprise you once he comes back with a surprise for you. He didn't mean to scare you, he only wanted the best for you.

"Ah, (F/N). I'm so happy to see you again, sweetheart." He cooed and hugged your shaky form. You couldn't move much, the ropes were holding you in place. You were tied to a chair, sitting in an uncomfortable position. You couldn't scream, see or move - you felt completely helpless. That was, until he finally untied you. He made sure to let your legs and arms tied. He didn't want you running around or worse - escaping him.

No, he didn't want that. He got so used to your company, he couldn't imagine a day without your hugs. Even though the acts of affections were one-sided, he enjoyed them. You were like a drug to him, and he was addicted.

"I hope you didn't get too lonely without me beside you." He said and you flinched away from him. He didn't quite like that. He grabbed both of your shoulders and pushed you towards him. Before you could protest, he wrapped his arms around your waist and buried his head in the crook of your neck.

"S-Shin... Let m-me go..." Your throat was dry from all the screaming and crying, but you somehow managed to let those few words out of your mouth. Shin's expression turned into a pained one. He thought you were already used to his presence.

You had no idea how much he had done for you. He had built this whole basement and decorated it with your favourite things just for you. He got rid of your enemies and those who liked to talk badly about you behind your back. Whoever stared at you for longer than five seconds was soon met with the shiny blade of his knife. He had a small chit-chat with your family about your sudden disappearance and even confronted your parents, who refused to stop looking for you. He had found a nice job with a high payment and never forgot to bring you a special gift.

Why were you rejecting him? Why didn't you love him? Why couldn't you return the affection he was giving you?

Why?

A single tear had escaped from the corner of his eye, landing on your shoulder as he finally moved his head away from your neck. Instead, he took your hand in his. He took your blindfold off with his other hand so he could look directly into your eyes. His eyes were full off sadness, while yours were filled with hatred.

"I-I just... want you to look at me the same way I look at you, (F/N). Is it too much to ask for?" He asked, his voice cracking at the end of his sentence. Your eyes softened for a second before you remembered who was standing in front of you.

He had kidnapped you and tried to manipulate you into loving him. He had killed multiple people just because he thought they had bad influence on you. Which wasn't even true - you didn't know most of them. He was not only a murderer, but also a manipulator and a liar. You hated people like him.

Yet you felt a bit guilty as he started breaking down in front of you. He did all of these bad things, but he did them for you. He did it because he wanted you to be happy. He tried his best to make you as comfortable around him and as happy as possible. Whenever you felt like breaking down, he talked it out with you. He cooked your favourite meal whenever you wanted to. He got you new clothes that were similar to your clothing style.

'Stockholm syndrom at its finest.'

"Shin, I-I..." You started, but he hushed you.

"No, no, it's okay. It's okay. I'll just... I'll try harder. I'll buy us a new house and let you have a nice room. I'll buy you the nicest jewelry you've ever seen. I'll buy you the newest clothes, I don't care about the price. I'll even get you a pet if you want one, just... just please..." He reached into his pocket and took out a tiny red box. He opened it, revealing a light blue diamond ring. It was shining so bright you had to squint your eyes. You were ready to refuse and stomp on his foot, but he spoke first.

"Don't leave me."