'The story of my life'

— Re-edited
ARIA POV

Do you ever get that feeling that no matter how hard you pull away something is just waiting to take you back to where you began. No matter how much you hate that one place, it has a hold on you that is stronger than your will to stay away. When I left I had no plans of returning, I wanted to leave and stay away, so why am I back here? Mystic falls, the place that keeps you hostage in unescapable and relentless drama. So let's set the scene of this supernatural shit-show.

It has been just over a year since I had left Mystic Falls in a stupid attempt to leave the past behind. I travelled a bit, spent a lot of time just wallowing in pathetic self pity, then kind of just existed. My parents died whilst I was away, but still I decided that I was not needed, I mean would you go to a funeral of two people who wouldn't have probably come to yours. I mean I know it seems a bit selfish but, at this point I could not care less.

Well we should probably go back to who I am before I start to list off a sad little life story about who I am. Hi, I'm Aria Gilbert and I am some sort of freak of nature. I mean that it the nicest way possible to myself. I mean being a witch-wolf hybrid thing isn't exactly a one-off occurrence. Oh and I am Elena's identical twin sister.

So, when I was a child I was a bit odd to say the least, I was a bit angry to put it politely. I couldn't stand anyone my age, I would have rather just be left in a corner to occupy myself. I mean between having the most crappy parents on the planet and  having an aggressive werewolf gene. I think it would have helped it my parents at least cared a little bit more, I maybe would have been better than I was, but I just unfortunately was not the favourite, it was Elena.

I don't blame her, I mean if you were doted on and spoiled your whole life you would probably turn out like her too. She was everything that I wasn't, polite, calm and outwardly seemed to be quite sweet. I mean that didn't stop her from being a bitch in real life though you know, keeping that for behind closed doors where no one could judge.

It only got worse as we got older, I somehow was then nominated as a bodyguard, do you know how hard that is when you have no active interest in protecting someone? So I would follow her around ensuring she was safe at all times, but as you know it's Elena, the girl is like some sort of danger magnet, you never know when she is going to encounter her next problem.

So picture this, at age 14, Elena is going along in her usual fashion getting into unnecessary drama. When she then goes on to encounter a man. So I do my duty of sworn protection and ensure that she doesn't get hurt. And push really did come to shove and well, I ended up killing him. I honestly don't know how I won, I was a 5'2 girl up against a 6ft man. I cannot lie I am still sort of impressed. But that is a story for another day, we don't need to rehash that at this current moment.

Obviously I had no idea that I had the gene at the time, so imagine the panic that arose a week later when the full moon rose and suddenly I was on the floor screaming in pain and had four legs. I mean the chances of that happening to anyone else is highly unlikely and honestly I do not recommend it.

Then, just when you think things are weird enough, they can get weirder. As a few weeks later I started having strange dreams. Not weird like, they are unrealistic and won't ever happen. Weird as in I would have them and in the next 1-3 business days they would actually happen, but ya know, just make it casual.

I wasn't actually aware I was a witch until I had left. I was out one day and came across a women called Gloria. She was fascinated, adamant on my powerful abilities and insisted I had much potential. So for a brief period of my stay away from Mystic Falls I was with her, she taught me the basics and then got a bit creepy. So I decided that it would be best for me to run away at speed in order to not become some sort of experiment. Or dead. A bit awkward.

So I bet you're thinking now Aria if you hate this place so much why go back? Just because I didn't get on with a lot of my family didn't mean that I hate them all. I missed my brother and I didn't ever want to leave him like I did, but it want like I could just take him with me no matter how much he wanted to come with me. We always kept in contact in the agreement that he didn't spill about my whereabouts.

So just because I haven't been there physically doesn't mean that I don't know what had been happening at supernatural central. I know about the Salvatore's, the tomb vamps, Caroline becoming a vampire, the werewolves, Katherine and some fancy old original vampire called Elijah, who apparently wears a very nice suit. I do like a man in a suit.

So I am aware that I am a thing called a doppleganger and there is a vampire called Katherine Pierce who looks identical to me just having a bit of a murderous riot out in the wide world. I also know about the so called 'Sun and Moon Curse' and how the human doppelgänger is needed to be sacrificed  in order to break it, I mean I have never been so grateful to not be human at this point.

Although I couldn't really care less about Elena, Jeremy has been worried about it, he's being pulled deeper into the supernatural drama that he should be keeping away from. I have to go back and make sure that he stays away from it. If original vampires are out and about there is going to be nothing but problems.

I heard about the originals to begin with in Chicago. The first family of Vampires. And then I went on to research, a family with a reputation of murder, when there around, they date back 1000 years. A family of 5 siblings 4 men and a women. The oldest Finn, not much about him. Elijah the noble and always loyal to his brother. Kol the psychopath, always on some sort of killing spree. Rebekah, the lover, always wanting more than the life she was given. Then finally the most known being a man called 'Niklaus' or better known as Klaus, and apparently trouble follows wherever he goes.

So back to mystic falls, I go. Lots of other things I would rather be doing.