AS I LAY DYING

(Unedited)

Aria PoV

After my walk in the woods I decided to go see Damon, he seemed in deep thought so I didn't interrupt. He takes a bottle of scotch from the cabinet and pours himself a drink. He opens the curtains, lets the sun shine upon his face, drinks some scotch and puts the glass down on a table. He returns to the window, taking off his ring and drops it on the floor. He opens his arms and I immediately rush to him knocking him out of the sunlight. I pin him to the floor as he began to heal from the burns.

"Get off of me." Damon screams at me whilst I am still pinning him to the floor.

"You're not doing this." I tell him, thinking of a plan.

"Just did. You don't know what happens when your bitten, I'll sum it up for you. You get ill, you hallucinate then you die. Bye, bye me." He says humorously, like it doesn't matter that he is dying.

I pick him up and drag him down to the cellar, I throw him in and close the door, ensuring it is locked.

"I don't care. You're not dying today, you have to stay alive for your brother. And do that I can prove to you that the world doesn't revolve around Elena. I have lots of work to do with you before you can die." I tell him with a smile as Damon then looks up at me.

"What's the plan, Superman?" He asks me sarcastically, like seriously does he find his death funny?

"I'm gonna find a way out of this, with saint Stefan." I tell him, as he looks at me stupidly.

"Oh, right. A miracle cure. Good luck with that one." He tells me.

"I got Bonnie looking for something, anything. Also believe it or not I have heard about a cure from the witches before, however only a few are aware of what it actually is." I inform him, he lets out a huff.

"Trying to be the hero, Aria. You don't even know me so why help? Just tell me good-bye, get it over with, I am sure it won't affect you that much." Damon says, before rolling onto his stomach coughing up blood on his hand, groaning in pain.

"Lie still. Conserve your strength. You're wrong by the way, I think you are a lot better than you let on. I want to be a friend to you Damon, so your death would bother me." I tell him before going to leave the cellar to find where Stefan has gone.

Elijah PoV
I have been following my brother round the last two days. I have been clearing up his little mess along the way. This is not what I want to be doing. I want to be reunited with my family and see Aria.

Klaus finally wakes up naked in the forest. He looks at the sun and smiles. I throw him some clothes. He turns his head, to see me

"You've been busy." I tell him and he smirks.

"That was amazing. How long has it been?" He asks happy that he has now broken his curse.

"Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf." I tell him as he gets dressed.

"I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill." He says smugly.

"Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." I tell he annoyed of his actions over the last 2 days.

"Just like old times, brother." He says in a reminiscent tone.

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." I say having enough of Niklaus's attitude.

"That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family." He tells me.

"You gave me your word, Niklaus." I tell him angrily.