THE LAST DANCE (PART ONE)

(Edited)
Aria's POV
It has been a long time since I had been home, the idea of being back was weird... to say the least, like maybe I should have stayed away from Mystic Falls forever. It is probably a little to late for this considering I am standing right outside of my front door.

I raised my hand to knock as I was beginning to have second thoughts about coming back.
I have to get a grip, nothing can hurt you and nothing will happen whilst I am here. You just need to find out what is pulling you here, sort it out and then you can leave again. I told myself and I hesitantly knocked on the door. If only I knew how wrong I would be.

"Elena why are you knocking at the door for you have a key. I can't stand around and be doorman all day." Said aunt Jenna as she opened the door to let me through.

"It is not Elena, Auntie Jenna" She gasps and embraces me in a hug, and I hug her back just as tightly.

"I have missed you so so much, when you said you were leaving I did not think that it would be so long. I hated every minute of you being gone. Jeremy will be so happy to have you back" She stutters out nearly in tears.

"I know, Jenna I just craved the freedom I was missing all my life, I just wanted some time alone and you know what happens with Elena when I stay around." I murmur ashamed.

"Hey, hey it is ok now your back, although I cannot say that Elena is going to be pleased with your return." She said whispering the last part sympathetically.

"I know, she never is, but enough about Elena and her problems, tell me everything I have missed whilst I have been gone." I ask her.

Elena and I have not got along at all since like ever, she always has hated me, and I am not really sure what happened. But she was always close with our parents and they always thought I was an abomination, so I kind of just took a guess on what happened.

Aunt Jenna then proceeded to tell me everything I had missed, about her relationship with Alaric and how recently she thinks that he is hiding a lot of things from her and she has no idea whether to trust him anymore. How Vicki has died of an overdose and been found in the woods by Caroline during the storm. Jeremy had told me this earlier, he called me up in tears about it and asked if he wanted me to come back but he told me to stay away until I was ready to come back. Also how Elena is no longer in a relationship with Matt, poor Matt he definitely deserved better than her anyway. She was now with Stefan Salvatore. Salvatore now that name has not been around in a while, well apart from Zach. He must be a vampire it is the only logical explanation, I swear somewhere in the founders archives they said something about him in the Civil War days. She told me how our dad's clinic had some faulty wiring and set a light. She also told me about how Jeremy is now dating Bonnie, I am so shocked he hadn't told me. They did not seem a likely couple but I bet there a cute one. But the last thing that she told me brought me into a state of shock, she told me how we were adopted and that Alaric's ex-wife is our biological mother. Who is supposed to be dead, yet had turned up on our doorstep a few days ago demanding to speak to Elena. Jeremy had caught me up with all the supernatural stuff, only the stuff that happened a few weeks ago he hadn't called recently but I assumed that he was just busy but I guess I will find out today.

Once I was all caught up I felt like I had just ran a marathon, even though it is only the small things it just feels a bit odd so much had changed and that normally never happens.

"Right you best be off to school the Aria." Jenna tells me acting adult.

"Really Jenna, I only just got back." I tell her whining, the truth was I was so tired from the journey and all the stressing I had done I just want to curl up into a little ball until the near future.