Chapter 8: Violet

The minute we walked through the doors six pairs of eyes turned our way. I could hear Faye squealing from behind me. And I could see one guy who was just running away from another had stopped walking making the second guy bump into him. I should really learn their names, I can't just keep on saying that guy, the other guy, the third dude. But anyway let's for now give them numbers. The guy who was running away can be number one and the other can be number two. Blondie on the couch can be three, the guy next to him four and then the guy with plump lips and crossed legs who's sitting on the other sofa can be five and the last one, sitting next to five, is six. 

Number one excitedly came our way, boxy smile on display. "Is she comming with us?" he asked Jungkook to which jungkook nodded with a smile evident on his face. One came even closer and before I knew it I was engulfed in a hug. "I like your hair." he said overarticulated in english. Then he added, with another big smile and heart fingers, "I purple you!". He what? Last time I checked that doesn't mean anything. What would that even mean? I guess I red you could mean I hurt you? like red, the color of blood? No? Too bloody? Than maybe it could mean I love you? And blue might mean I made you sad? But purple? There is nothing like that I can associate purple with.

Faye probably realised I didn't understand what he meant because she cleared her throat and said, "It's a fan thing, it's like this, purple is the last color of the rainbow colors so it means trust and love till the end." Okay so he trust and loves me? I don't even know him. Probably realising I was uncomfortable he pulled his arms back from the hug I was still stuck in. Afterwards asking "Aren't you a fan?". I don't really know what to respond, I don't want to hurt him by saying I'm not. And it's not like I hated the music, I'm just more into songs that have a bit more of an edge to them. And just guitars. Guitars make songs always better. But no I'm not a fan, and if I'd say I am a fan they'd probably find out soon enough that I'm not and I'd look like a liar. So I decided to stick with honesty. "No I'm not, but my friend there is, I came along with her to see you." the guy looks at me like I'm speaking chinese, and turns around to number three who's following our conversation from the sofa on the right side of the room. Like I said before he has blond hair, and shocker, he's hot. But then again I guess they all are. He smiles at me when our gazes meet before translating what I just said to korean. "Ah" number one replies, "Then let me introduce myself. I'm Kim Taehyung also known as V." after which he holds one hand up in a peace sign, ok scratch that it's probably a V sign to him. He then continues "I dance and sing in BTS." He then gives me another smile. His smile really looks like a square. he smiles like there's an invisible LEGO cube stuck between his lips. It's adorable.

Wait Kim Taehyung, isn't that Faye's favorite? I turn around to her and see her in a mixed state. She looks like she has just heard she won the lotto, but she can only use her money when she turn ninety-five. I mouth 'what's wrong' when our gazes meet and she finally stops looking at her 'bias'. She gives me half a smile then says, "I'm not lucky." Oh I think she still hoped Taehyung was her soulmate even though they're not the same age. Wouldn't that have been great? Then she could also come on tour. It would be so much more fun. I squeeze her hand that's still in mine and focus again on Taehyung whose excitedly asking Jungkook something in korean. I don't understand his whole sentence. But from the words I understood I can deduct that he's asking wether we had gotten a gift. I was ready to respond, but Jungkook beat me to it. Animadetly saying "Yes, it's super cool, we can see bonds. But not just soulbonds. Also friendship bonds, and they have different colors, like between us there's a yellow line, the color of friendship." Wait what? Soulmate gifts are the same for both parties. If he has a gift I'm supposed to have one as well. But I can't see anything in between anyone. Is he lying? But he looks so sincerely excited about it. "I don't see anything." I say while Jungkook is still describing all the colors he sees. He abruptly stops talking. And looks towards me. I can basically feel the nerves coming from him. did something go wrong? Did I fuck things up again? What's happening? Is there something wrong with our bond?

"Guys, guys, stop it. Stop worrying. Violet also had her gift before I did. And we only got our gift three years after we bonded, after which I had to wait another two weeks." Number 2 spoke. "By the way," he then said directly at me "Violet is my soulmate, she has her last exams right now in Korea, but in a few weeks she'll join us on tour. And I am Min Yoongi, or suga. I rap." 

Now that I looked closer i did somewhat recognize him. I always liked him the most when I was forced to watch clips Faye showed me. I also remember that it was this huge thing when 'Suga from BTS has found his soulmate' was on every newssite. That was two years ago but he just said it took three years for their powers to develop. Does that mean he's known her longer than the media was made to believe? See what does Jungkook say, if they can stay a secret then we can do that too.

"What was happening anyways when we walked in?" Jungkook asks Taehyung and Yoongi. Yoongi scoffed and said "Ask the gremlin." Jungkook's gaze went to Taehyung who looked kind of guilty. "I may or may not have pulled his pillow from under his head." he says softly with a sheepish smile. "While I was sleeping" Yoongi adds glaring at V. "In my offense" V says "I was just trying to keep him awake until he could meet your soulmate." 

That last word made the attention shift back to me. And I didn't know what to say. They all looked at me expectantly. I am too socially akward to do this. so I was just kind of looking around and then back to my hands until Faye cleared her throat again and whispered "I think that was your cue to introduce yourself." Oh shit that's right, I'm not the only one who doesn't know names. they don't know mine either. my hand leaves Fayes and goes to the back of my head. "Euhm, I'm Alex. I study music. And I don't know what else to tell you." I said in very bad Korean. Blondie, oh wait no, number three looked at me surprised. "You speak Korean?" He asks making me nod my head slightly. "That's great, you can help translate for the boys, I'm Kim Namjoon by the way." not a second later the man next to him said. "I'm world wide handsome Kim Seok Jin." then send me an air kiss. Which made me laugh and pretend to catch the kiss. "I already like her." he then said to Namjoon. Now there were only two guys who hadn't introduced themselves. At the same moment they started to talk which made them both look at eachother laugh and then have a discussion of you go, you go first until in the end the tallest one said "I'm your hyung, you go first." 

So the boy with the plump lips began "I'm Park Jimin, I dance and sing." he then goes on to give me an amazing smile making his eyes turn to crescents. "And I am your hope, you're my hope, I'm J-hope" the last guy says then crossing his arms with a smile before adding "Or you can just call me Jung Hoseok."