Seventeen:

Egypt Hoskins
June 3
1:18 pm

Being that I've been up since 3 in the morning, I was beyond tired. Carson was being fussy for some reason so I kept him in the room with me and tried to do whatever I could to get him quiet but I guess he was just in a bad mood

"Momma's almost done baby" I told Carson calmly as I changed his diaper and he screamed at the top of his lungs. Aunt Terri walked into the room just as I finished and he started quieting down

"Awe what's wrong with Auntie Terri's tugga man?"

"He obviously don't like getting his diaper changed"

She laughed and sat on the side of the bed and I handed Carson to her

"Boy you got some of the prettiest eyes"

"Just like his daddy" I mumbled while I closed the diaper I just took off of him.

"And what's going on with that? I saw he cane when you was at the hospital"

"He asked me if I needed anything and I let him hold Carson whenever he came up there. And he text me earlier asking if he could see him when he drops Akira off so I'm guessing he wanna be apart of his life but I'm not even that sure yet. I guess it took me to have him for him to wanna step up"

"Well an unfortunate reality is that's how it usually is Egypt. But at least he came around to it. But don't get your hopes too high cause if he makes promises to be there and he don't that's gonna affect you and that baby. And ion got time for nobody hurting your feelings, alright"

I nodded while looking at Carson as he let out a yawn

"If he wanna come see the baby that's fine. But you need to let him know it's either he stays in his life or don't bother coming around because you or Carson don't need the disappointment"

"You right. But I just wanna give him the chance to be in his life if he wants to"

"And there's nothing wrong with that. Just don't.. be too naive"

"I won't"

The sound of car doors closing filled the room being that the room I was in was right beside the driveway of Aunt Terri's house.

"That must be your daddy and aunt" she told Carson while standing up then looked at me "you stay in the bed and don't get up. You did enough walking around yesterday"

"I know and I still feel it" I told her while I rubbed my stomach that went down a little. After a while I could hear her open the door and talk to Christian and Akira

"This girl is about to be so loud" I laughed to myself while grabbing my cup of ice off of the nightstand beside me and shook some into my mouth as Akira walked into the room with a big ass bag in her hand

"We lit all summer!"

"If that's what you think" I told her with a laugh while she sat her bags down "my summer ain't going exactly how I wanted already"

"My nephew keeping you up?"

"Is he!"

She laughed while Christian walked into the room holding Carson and Aunt Terri followed behind him.

"Akira you can bring your bags in the other room"

She picked up her stuff again and followed Aunt Terri out of the room and Christian sat down on the side of my bed with Carson, putting his pacifier in his mouth

"What size diapers he wear?"

"A one"

He nodded and continued to look down at Carson who just stared back at him. "Ima pick up some and bring em back over here later"