( xxi ) . butterflies

yoongi wakes up with a daze, last night's events coming rushing to him like a meteor.

he turns to see the side of namjoon's face, yoongi feels butterflies in his stomach, making him feel tingly and his face turning red.

he never realized how ethereal namjoon looks, what he's been missing out on-

his eyes avert to namjoon's lips.

no.

don't think about that.

'i sound like a pervert' yoongi chuckles to himself. back to last night's events, he can explain.

he didn't actually do anything to namjoon.

even if his rut was cut short, he wasn't a ruthless person, or he tries not to be at least.

could you blame his reaction though? it was so sudden, he himself didn't know why he stubbornly dragged namjoon to the nest to cuddle and big spoon him, he didn't know, or maybe he did.

maybe he just didn't want to admit it.

now that he's started, he'll continue it, he'll make it up to him, hopefully.

he doesn't know where this sudden realization came from.

'what yoongi says, yoongi means,' but that's not always the case, though.

yeah he may be emotionless, but that's his charm, and if he's being honest, he won't have it any other way.

he never breaks promises, so maybe what he thinks is real.

this time, it's different, he's hurting someone, 'am i even human?' yoongi thinks to himself with doubt.

he doesn't know why he suddenly decides to accept namjoon anyway, suddenly being nice to him. it's not fake, he swears.

despite that, he realized he was being a bit too mean to namjoon and the reason why namjoon actually hid his omega self...

"what a reason to hate someone," yoongi says to himself, bitterly, but in a hushed tone so he doesn't wake the others up.

all yoongi cared about was the alpha role, he can't be a proper alpha if he behaves like this anyway.

he calls namjoon a slut, but he's the real slut.

what's the point of being an alpha if you can't satisfy your pack's needs anyway?

what's the point if you can't lead properly? take care of your pack properly?

what has yoongi been doing this whole time? acting like a fucking bitch, that's what he was doing.

he knows 'sorry' isn't enough, but he'll try to make it all up with actions.

even he himself gets annoyed when people think just saying sorry fixes everything, because it purely doesn't.

if the pack gives him a chance to, he will get back his trust, his dignity, maybe the dignity part will be a bit hard, looking back to the way he had been acting before.

especially to namjoon.

namjoon might not accept him to say the least, but he'll try.

he'll try for namjoon.

to namjoon, it's sudden, insincere, there's no feelings and honestly, namjoon just wants to leave bts, but it's only because of yoongi and hoseok that he wants to do this.

he wants to stay for bts, he cares.

he'll give yoongi a chance.

besides, it's only a few years, right?

wrong, those few years were torture for him.

namjoon then looks over at hoseok, cuddling with jimin, because he can't bear namjoon sleeping with him, hoseok probably moved there while he was asleep. yoongi rolls his eyes at how hoseok can be sometimes.

he knows and is aware that he is at fault and is the cause of the way hoseok is, he realizes that, but doesn't want to care nor deal with it, hoseok is clingy, but so is yoongi. yoongi never realizes the influence he puts on hoseok.

yoongi looks back to namjoon, with a small smile he softly leaves a small peck on his nose, the feeling warming his heart.

the soft feeling, the urge of wanting to boop his fucking nose.

the lips, don't get him started on the lips, oh how he wants to shove his cock into his soft li-

'that's not a good start to earning namjoon's thoughts you horny pervert!' yoongi thought to himself.

'i won't break this bond again, i won't make the same mistake i did before.'

yoongi falls back asleep, cuddling into namjoon even more. that night changed everything, like a whole new life.

a whole new chance, hopefully, if namjoon even forgives him.

yoongi will make it right.

when both of them woke up that day, yoongi glanced at namjoon and smiled fondly instead of glaring at him like he always did.

namjoon felt unphased, though and but inside, felt his heart soar and warm up at yoongi flashing his gummy smile at him, instead, namjoon gave a bitter smile back.

to be honest, namjoon thought that what happened last night was all a spur of the moment thing, but now he's starting to change his mind, it felt unsettling to him.

he realized that he shouldn't forgive so easily, after all yoongi had done, he shouldn't give yoongi this opportunity, even if it was a few years.

then, yoongi dared opened his mouth to speak. "joonie...i'm sorry, i was rude to you all these years, it may take some time for you to forgive me, i realized that it was my fault you hid your omega self, i'm really sorry" he says, he knows he sounds very insincere, but in reality, he's saying this from his heart.

"do you only think sorry is enough?" namjoon quietly replied.

"of course not but-" yoongi honestly thought namjoon would forgive him immediately.

"you don't need to keep apologizing, what happened was mean't to happen!" namjoon shouts, sobbing as he shook yoongi violently.

yoongi's heart shattered at the state namjoon was in, it was all his fault.

"well, well, well" jimin says, opening the door, smirking, but his smile falters when he saw namjoon's face.

"i can't forgive you easily you know!?" namjoon says, trembling trying to keep himself up.

"oh joonie..." jimin says walking to namjoon and pulling him into an embrace, then glaring at yoongi.

"i know, i'm sorry," yoongi says, hanging his head down.

"It'll take a bit of time, yoongi..." jimin starts.

"but even i'm ashamed to call you my alpha," jimin says sharply.

now yoongi was even more broken.

🧸 ₊˚🥨˚₊🧸 author's note :

1k

some drama coming... *giggles* also thank you for 45k!? literally how??? Also if you read this book before it was edited, i did some little changes, making namjoon the bad bitch he is :D he is independent and doesn't forgive easily this time.

a whole personality change!