18. 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒎𝒂

"N-no way! We're going to be having a practice match with Shiratorizawa?" you excitedly ask.

This caught both teams by surprise; you never really showed your excitement. The only time you would was when you were actually playing. Otherwise, you were usually pretty blunt, emotionless, serious, or had a tiny smile on your face.

"Why are you so excited, F/n-chan?" Kaze asks you. You blush.

"I just... Know some people on the boy's team and... Ushijima-san is on that team. I want to practice against him!"

The coach thinks about it, "That wouldn't actually be a bad idea having you practice against the boys' team but they probably only want to practice against the boys. We asked the girls' team to practice with you guys but it turns out that they were too busy." Your team frowns. Kaze just scoffs.

"We can play against the boys, girls! We are usual national competitors," Kaze says.

"C-can I play against Ushijima-san?" you ask immediately.

Your coach frowns, "Probably not, F/n-chan. You need to practice with your team and Ushijima-san will probably most likely play against the boys since they are rivals."

Your face turns into a pout that causes both the girls and boys team to blush.

'K-kawaii!!!!' They all think.

Atsumu swings an arm around you, "No worries, F/n-chan! You can still practice against me! That's better than that Ushiwaka!" You frown and just stare at the boy.

"I want to play against a lefty," you pout, "I'll ask him to practice with me for a little then." Atsumu blushes at your puffed up cheeks.

"You're going to ask THE emotionless Ushiwaka to play with you?" Suna asks in disbelief. You innocently nod.

"Yeah, why not? He's still human, plus, we know each other."

"EH?!"

You give them an, 'are you serious' face.

"We literally lived in the same area and both played volleyball at the same building for tournaments. There's a very high chance that we know each other," you just shrug at everyone.

"Oh yeah. That's right."

"Well, the team will be here any moment. So, go get changed and stretch!"

"HAI!" Everyone says and starts to leave the dining/cafeteria room.

"Did you already tell coach about your dinner plans later?" Atsumu asks you.

"I did during breakfast and he approved."

Atsumu frowns then turns to leave you. He walks towards where the coaches are.

"Coach!" he calls out to the two men.

"Yes, Atsumu?"

"Don't you think it'd be dangerous to let F/n-chan go out to dinner with random guys so late? Shouldn't she at least bring someone with her?" he asks. The two coaches think about it.

"That's true. We'll let Kita go with her," Atsumu's coach smirks which causes Atsumu's mouth to drop.

"NOOOOOO! I mean, I can go with her. I actually know the people she's meeting!" Atsumu tries to convince his coach which causes them to laugh. They both nod.

"We're counting on you to keep an eye on your lover."

Atsumu blushes, "She's not my lover... She's my friend!"

-

"Kind of want to play against Shiratorizawa for practice. It'd be interesting to see where we stand against them. I mean, we are just as good as the boys," Kaze says while the girls are stretching.