28. 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕

Luckily, the few past days have gotten better. The girls who were involved with locking you up were suspended with the proof of them keeping your bag. Then, the names of who was involved were exposed because none of them wanted to be entirely blamed for. Life went back to normal and Spring High-Hyogo Prefecture Representative Playoffs would begin tomorrow. Practice had just ended and you, who could not calm your excitement down, had continued to do your usual 'after practice' routine. This consisted of squats on the bleachers, practicing digs, and jump lunges. However, you were going pretty extreme tonight that Atsumu and Kita had already finished changing.

"F/n-channnn, you need to go home, eat a real meal, and sleep! Don't overwork yourself!" Atsumu calls out to you as you're doing jump lunges.

"Funny how that's coming from you, Atsumu," you huff and pant hard. Kita looks at the time then decides to use his captain-like voice.

"F/n-san," he starts and walks towards you, "go change." Looking up, you turn to see the scariest glare... it was probably even scarier than Kaze's when she yelled at you.

"F-fine!" you pout and run out of the gym to go change. Once you're out, the three of you do your usual routine of walking home, picking up Rina, dropping off Kita, then Atsumu walks you home. When you tell Rina to go ahead and take a shower, you turn back to have your usual goodnight talk with Atsumu.

"Make sure you get enough rest, F/n-chan!" Atsumu nags you like a mom as you sweat at his deep concern.

"I will, mommm," you sing back to tease him as he blushes and laughs. Smiling at the sight, you continue, "you make sure you are listening to your own advice too, Atsumu. I'll come stop by to watch your game if we finish early." Atsumu's smile brightens.

"You better watch your best friend play, F/n-chan! This will be your first time watching me play in an actual game."

"I'll make sure I won't miss it," you say back, returning a big smile which causes his heart to race.

"H-hey, F/n-chan," Atsumu stutters.

"What?" With many late nights of contemplation, Atsumu takes a deep breath of nervousness.

"If we both make it to nationals—which I'm certain we will—I have something to give you." Your eyes widen in curiosity.

"Why can't you just give it to me n—"

"I'll give it to you once we win and make it to nationals, F/n-chan! Now, go eat, take a shower, and go to sleep! Goodnight!!" Atsumu leans towards your face, puts a strand of your hair behind your head, then runs away before you can say anything to him.

'Why does he always do that?' You cover the ear he touched and blush.

-

"Be a good girl at school today, Rina." You kneel down and give her a kiss on the cheek and puffs out her cheeks. "What's with the pouty face?"

"I want to see you play, Onee-san!" She crosses her arms and stomps as you laugh then put a hand on her head.

"You can't! You have school," you say, "but when I make it to finals, you can come watch!" Once she's gone, you sigh and walk to school. "Let's do this."

A few game days later...

Unsurprisingly, the boys were able to make it to nationals like they have done last year. At their finals, the entire school was literally there which caused a lot of pressure on the opposing team. Watching Atsumu play in actual games were pretty amusing to you; you've never seen someone able to quiet a crowd with a wave of their hand like a prince. At times when his cocky personality came out, it always reminded you of when you guys first met and you literally hated him. Thinking about it always makes you chuckle at your personality growth because now... he's your best friend--at least that's what you convince yourself, that he is only your best friend and nothing more. However, little interactions--like him excitedly turning to look at you in the crowd to see if you saw his amazing play--always makes your cheeks hot. Or when he touches you in any kind of way, whether it'd be a hand on the shoulder or a hug, always causes your knees to become wobbly. These things that he does always make you question what you feel about him. It was likewise for him as well; the only difference was that he knew his feelings for you--with the help of his brother, Suna, and Ginjima--of course. Now, it was your team's turn to play in the finals. This time, the entire boys' team and Rina were present.