41. 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖

Rushing into the door, Mikage and Rina appear and immediately embrace you.
"W-what's wrong guys?" you stutter as the two hug you.
"Baka! You run out to the house, are gone for 8 hours, and then end up in the hospital?! We were worried sick!" Mikage explains and lightly knocks your head.
"I was so scared! I thought you wouldn't come back," Rina cries and tightly hugs your waist.
Realizing how frightened you made your family feel, guilt and warmth start to flow in your body at the same time.
Gently, you comb through Rina's hair.
"I'm sorry, Rina and Mikage. I won't do it again, okay?"
Feeling another presence, you look up to see your dad waiting at the door. Quickly, you look away and clench your fists.
"Ottosan—"
"Are you okay, F/n?" he interrupts and walks towards your bed.
You straighten up your back. "I'm fine."
"You didn't receive any major injuries that will stop you from playing volleyball, right?" he asks again.
Heat boils in your body and you avert eye contact with him.
"Is that all you care about?" you ask as your eyes start to water. "If I could play volleyball or not?"
Sighing, he sits in a seat besides your bed.
"That isn't all I care about but I know how much volleyball means to you," he says, "if you weren't able to play volleyball due to a severe injury, I would blame myself that I took the one thing that makes you feel happy and connected with me away."
Your eyes widen at his confession and your head whips his way.
"My heart stopped when I heard you were in the hospital; it reminded me of how I felt when I heard your mom was in the hospital. I know I've been a terrible father ever since she left and I have no excuses for failing to be a man or a dad... but I didn't know how I could raise you guys as good as your mother did," he explains. "The only way I knew how we could all connect was through volleyball, so I just thought I could help you guys with a good volleyball career in order to do my part as a dad. I know now that that isn't the case now and I'm sorry it took me so long to realize, but could you possibly give me one more chance to take care of all three of you?"
Too shocked, you can't even form words to speak and same with Mikage. However, Rina happily launched a hug at your guys' dad.
"They would give you another chance, Ottosan!" she sings, "Oniisan and Oneesan both missed you so much whenever we were at home and they both love you so much!"

A smile comes over your face as you place a hand over your chest. What Rina said was true; all along, you had been longing for your father and had been waiting for this moment for so long.

"Of course, Dad," you say, "everyone deserves another chance to change."

-

Slipping your shoes on, you also take a look at your messages. Happily, you type a small message and send it.

"I'm heading out, Rina and Mika!"

Standing up, you dust off your close and head towards the door.

"Okay, be back for dinner. We're just going to order something to go!" Mikage yells.

"Make sure to bring Tsumu with you!"

You chuckle. "I don't need to bring him; he'll probably bring himself." Quickly, you rush out and walk on the sidewalk towards the neighborhood park which was only a five minute walk from your house.

Peacefully, you take in a sniff of the air and look at how the blossoms are forming on the trees.

"It's so beautifu—"

"L/N F/NNNNNNNNNNN!"

Your comment is interrupted with a loud yell and running footsteps coming straight at you.

Although any other person would probably jump in fright or shake their head in disappointment, you only smile and open your arms.

"Miya Atsumuuuuuuuuu!" you sing back and run towards him.

Happily, he grabs your smaller body and lifts you into the air. Tightly hugging you, he spins you around while digging his face into your neck.

"Why didn't you tell me when you first arrived back from Tokyo? I missed you so much and was so worried, baby!" he whines and flicks your forehead.

Pouting, you rub the area he injured.

"Hey, that's not how you treat someone who just came back from the hospital," you pout but quickly pull him into another hug. "Thank you for worrying for me, Umu. I'm sorry I wasn't able to keep my promise and didn't stay safe or come back home on time."

He immediately starts to feel bad and combs your hair.

"It's fine, Angel. As long as you're here now."

"W-what's with the new name?!" You blush and pull away from the hug to look at his pink lips that form a smirk.

"What? You like it, Angellll?" he teases making you blush even more.

"W-well... maybe a little," you shyly admit.

Releasing your guys' grasps around each other, you both intertwine fingers and you lead him towards a bench.

"A-Atsumu."

"What is it, Angel?"

Nervously, you play with his fingers on your lap to calm the butterflies in your tummy.

"Although you call me an angel, I feel as if you're the actual angel," you say, "ever since I met you, my life has turned upside down and so many amazing things have happened to me. If I had never bumped into you, Atsumu, I wouldn't have made such amazing friends, continued playing volleyball, made it to nationals, or made up with my dad... You truly are an angel sent from heaven above." You lift your head to look at him and bring his hand up to cuddle with your cheek. "It's all because of you that I can truly be happy again and feel this warmth after so long of loneliness. Thank you so much for persistently staying by my side and loving me, Atsumu!" Getting emotional, your eyes water a little bit but the same thing is happening with Atsumu.

Grasping your face with his hands, he brings your forehead against his and you both rest against each other.

He sighs in relief and looks at you in the eye.

"Then I'll continue staying by your side, so we can always be this happy," he says and gives you a kiss on the forehead. "I love and will always love you, L/n F/n."

Your skips and beat as your grips on his shirt also tightens.

"I will always love you too, Atsumu! Thank you."

Date: 2 October 2020