11. A DEFECTIVE MOM 11.

Baby Dab picture is in the plot of the chapter!!

CHAPTER 11 : A DEFECTIVE MOM
RECAP
Zim then laughed, I smiled at Zim and then look at Dab. " Great Invader Dabourus!! What if I offer peace to the Irken with honey? Will you ask the tallest to reconsider their decision? " Dib said dramatically and show Dab a small jar of honey in his coat. Dab turned wide eyes and look at the honey jar in Dib hand. " Ah, yes!! I will ask my tallest!! " Dab said excitedly making Zim and I laugh so hard that we cried. Oh my, my son is too adorable. I don't think he can be an Invader if he can be bribed with honey jar. But he can always be a scientist or Investigator!!

- 3RD PERSON POV -
In the living room. An Irken and a human is sitting on the red couch. It's already late, by late it's 10 PM. Dab already asleep in his chamber. The play time and cleaning his chamber time make the little Irken exhausted that he barely eat his dinner. And fell asleep on the dining table. Seeing the sight of the tired Irken, Dib decided to carry Dab back to Dab's chamber to sleep. And not long after, here he is sitting on the couch with Zim. They did sit far from each other. Dib didn't blame Zim. Zim probably still uncomfortable to be near him.

Dib sighed. Dab is probably 5 right now. And he can't even see how he grow up. ' I probably deserve it ' Dib thought. And without him realizing the other Irken is actually staring at him.

Zim don't know how he felt about Dib anymore. He always worried about Dab. And Dab probably all that matters to him now. But seeing how tired Dib is and how he sigh. Zim felt that he is guilty to keep all of this as a secret. He then get off of the couch making Dib startled thinking that Zim probably disgusted of him.

But that's not the point. That's not Zim intention.

Zim walked to the shelves and grabbed a thick book with a purple cover. Dib is confused at first. ' is that Zim's journal? ' is all he can think of. Zim then pat the small amount of dust off of the book and went back to the couch and give it to Dib. Making Dib confused of his action.

The front cover is a plain dark purple cover with gold Irken font carved on it. Luckily for Dib. He did learn some of their alphabet. ' Dabourus ' Dabourus is what the gold font spelled. Dib eyes turned wide and quickly glance at Zim. Zim only smiled a little. And look at Dib with his tired eyes. " Open it ". Just like Zim said, Dib hesitantly open the book. The first page is a cute photo of baby Dab looking at the camera.

Dib doesn't understand why but his eyes suddenly felt hot and tears can't stop pouring from his eyes like a waterfall

Dib doesn't understand why but his eyes suddenly felt hot and tears can't stop pouring from his eyes like a waterfall. And his action make Zim remembered the past.

- A FEW YEARS AGO -
- ZIM POV -
It's already a few month since the incident. And Zim can't get any hibernation for 4 months. And that did a lot of damage on me. Zim become more clumsy, sometimes hallucinating, slow, forgetful, things like that for the past 4 months. Not because of nightmares of Him. But because of the smeet that is crying in the crib right now. And I don't even know how. I am at the lab and the smeet is in another room far away from the lab. How can Dab cry that loud? Even Gir screaming can't be that loud.