1 | tired teens

scenario, peter and y/n have had equally tiring days and just wanna sleep tbh - 800 words
warnings, fluff n kissing oH nO
stark daughter!reader

•.•.•

"hey, friday. just wanted to ask if you could alert me when peter's back?" you spoke to the ai your dad created. he was nifty like that; the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

"of course, miss stark" she replied back to you.

"thank you, friday" you mutter, before resting your head on your cushy pillow. your bed was tempting you to shut your heavy eyes and drift off into a deep sleep, but you fought the urge.

today had been a long and exhausting day. you'd woken up at the crack of dawn to train with nat, who didn't particularly go easy on you. as much as you know she would never intentionally hurt you, she likes to dance between the fine line of a small bruise and a gashing cut. besides, she's a trained assassin and you're lazily training until the day your dad will finally let you be an avenger.

as exhausted as you were, you'd wanted to stay awake for peter. he was currently on patrol and you knew they were always a hit or miss. it varied from,

"i prevented a car crash, y/n. holy smOkes!"

to,

"some birds flew into my face whilst i was swinging."

"oooo damn, peter-"

"y/n, it wasn't exactly survival."

yet knowing all of this, your brain kept tricking you to give in. instead, you paced around your room, asking friday to blare songs from your dad's motivational playlist. because if they could keep you up at night, they could keep you up now.

"miss stark, peter is on the premises" friday spoke as the music muted.

with a small squeal, you dashed through the building, bypassing steve who told you not to run down the stairs. when you didn't listen, he muttered under his breath "starks."

when you reached the ground floor, peter stood in his spidey suit with his mask clasped in his hands. he was exhausted from patrol, his messy curls explained that pretty well. but when he saw you running towards him, a smile lifted onto his lips.

"peter!" you said, using the last of your energy to hug him. he lifted you off the floor, twirling you in his arms. your soft giggles were music to his ears.

"hey, y/n" he said, placing you back on the floor.

his smile faded upon seeing the state you're in; bags hung under your red eyes and your hair had hardly been brushed.

"gosh, y/n. haven't you slept?"

"nope" you deadpanned.

"you look like hell."

"well gee, pete" you sarcastically said. he realised his mistake as his face went red. "you don't exactly look so fresh yourself."

he moved your hair away from your eyes and cupped your face. even in his suit, his touch made your heart flip. "you're tired."

"you are too-" he caresses your cheek with his thumb.

"let's get some rest then, yeah?" he offered, moving his hands away from your face, causing an audible whimper from you.

he held your hand instead as you both started up the stairs.

"how was patrol?" you asked.

"i stopped a grand theft bicycle" he commented, knowing the smile that would be on your lips. he loved how excited you got when he had a successful patrol, it made him feel better about his own internal excitement.

"that's great, petey" you cooed as you both entered your room.

he gave you a quick peck on the lips, wanting to deepen it, but knowing your tired state, he restrained himself. "it wasn't as heroic as it sounds, but-"

"i'm still proud of you" you slurred. his dopey grin was enough to make you lean in to kiss him.

your lips worked in perfect sync, the fondness you shared was clear. peter held your chin up with his index finger. whereas, you placed your hands on his chest, accidentally clicking the spider that loosened his suit.

before long, he pulled away, embarrassed by his sudden lack of clothing. a blush crept up onto his cheeks as you giggled, admiring everything about this boy.

"uhm, i'll go get some clothes" he said, awkwardly holding his suit by his waist so he wouldn't have to cross the hallway in only his boxers.

you couldn't stop laughing as you clutched your stomach from the idea of someone seeing him all flushed and half undressed.

soon enough, two hands were at your waist, lifting you under the covers. peter donned his star wars pyjamas and luckily you were already in comfy clothes.

he rubbed your waist as you cuddled into his side, your head upon his chest. his heartbeat was irregular, something that always happened when he was around you.

"peter?" you asked groggily.

"yeah?"

"you know i love you, right?"

he kissed your forehead sweetly and nuzzled closer to you. he knew very much that you loved him.

"and you know, i love you."