18 | headphones

scenario, y/n and peter finish their training, so naturally they decide to snuggle and listen to music - 900 words
warnings, dash of cussing, teasing, MAJOR FLUFF CAUSE i'M SAD AND WANT A CUDDLE
pairing, avengers! reader
- bOYs aRE cOnFUSiNG, except fictional peter parker and i'd melt if this happens to me

•.•.•

"is that the best you got?" you smirked across at peter, bouncing on your feet. you were both stood in the ring, lazily training to fulfil your hours after school.

peter stood sweating, his damp curls sticking to his forehead as he panted shamelessly. his tight burgundy top clung to his frame as they matched well with his black shorts. he was fucking exhausted.

you'd been sparring for hours, but only now was his energy lacking. your competitive nature was cute to him. he loved seeing how concentrated you were because your eyebrows knit together and your tongue pokes out ever so slightly.

"at the moment, yeah, y/n. i'm tired" he puffed, flipping his head back to stare at the ceiling. he was conflicted over looking away. you were in your grey co-ord sports bra and leggings, a sight to behold. if he was completely honest, he was turned quite a bit on by you. but that's the beauty of having you to himself.

his thoughts were interrupted as you lightly punched his stomach. "never take your eyes of your opponent" you smiled, brushing your fallen hairs from your face.

"can we break?" he pouted, using his big brown eyes as a peace offering.

you shook your head giggling, pushing the last of your energy out, to play off that you weren't tired. "you take me down and then we break."

"nothing i haven't done before" he winked.

he knew you liked to tease and you knew he liked it. but he also could sense that you were tired and saw how sloppy your leg work was becoming. so, he took his opportunity and kicked your legs out from underneath you, falling victim to his tricks.

he pinned you down by your shoulders, both of you uncontrollably breathing. "okay, parker. get off."

"say please" he grinned, contrasting with the stern tone.

"please! you're crushing me."

"am not" he smiled at you beneath him. he kissed you on the cheek before helping you up, as you stumbled into his chest. "can we break now?"

"you just won the right" you smiled at his adorable sweaty face. "yeah, i'm exhausted."

he took your white tape off of your hands as you did the same for him. you were careful and traced your fingers over the red parts of his palms. he kissed your knuckles before you walked out the room, hand in hand.

showering together was just a thing now, it was weird to both of you to shower alone. he lathered your body as you shampooed his curls. you both liked to make bubbly beards and kiss under the running water.

once you'd both gotten dry and made out some more, you slipped on a clean hoodie of peter's. he blushed upon seeing you in the attire, turning the same shade of red as his t shirt.

lazy evenings were your favourite. you'd either watch a movie, play mario kart or fall asleep to an animal documentary. but tonight, peter wanted to do something else.

you were sat on the cushy sofa, no avenger in sight since it was now training hours for the big kids. he laid out waiting for you, "c'mere."

you obliged, hopelessly laying on top of him, your faces centimetres apart. he cuddled you close, wrapping his arms around your waist. "aw, you big baby."

his dimpled smile made your heart burst before he reached into his pocket and brought out his old ipod with headphones wrapped around it. "i made you a playlist."

"you made me a?-peter!" you melted into him, squeezing his shoulders as your legs intertwined.

he opened up the ipod as he presented his creation. the title being 'for you' making you swoon all over again. "can we listen?"

he watched as your eyes briefly scanned over some song titles. he could feel the adoration radiate off of you and nodded, "yeah sure."

you gave him and ear bud, gently poking it in his ear as you did the same. thankfully, the cable wasn't long, so you kept your close proximity with your chin resting on his chest as he looked down at you.

the usuals came on, some songs that you'd listened to together and belted on patrol. other songs were from memories you shared, one being from your first date. there were also new songs, fresh but hopelessly romantic and completely your shared style.

the soft strings of guitar played through both of your ears as you turned your head, one ear listening to the song, the other to his racing heartbeat. his fingers found their way to your hair, brushing it gently as his other kept a soft grip around you.

hours went by of the two of you just listening to his perfect song choices and laying together. the evening couldn't be more perfect.

"peter?" you said, still cuddled on him like a koala.

"yeah?"

you turned to face him, eyes full of admiration only for him. "this is the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me. thank you."

he kissed your nose making you chuckle before he connected your lips. "anything for you" he muttered against you.

you both relaxed, enjoying the simple company of each other. soon after, you both fell asleep, listening to the very song that brought you together from the start.