5 | battles baby!

scenario, y/n and peter finally get to go into battle with the avengers, but y/n is a risk taker and peter's protective asf - 1.4k words
warnings, injury detail, swearing, sad boy peter, fluffy times
pairing, avengers!reader
powers, super speed (rip pietro)
- lmao based off of a dream i had

•.•.•

"are you sure you wanna do this this?" steve rogers asked the two of you, sitting shoulder to shoulder in the quinjet.

you'd been flying for the last 20 minutes and were just about to step out and fight aliens or bad guys. alien bad guys.

you managed to keep your cool, the only time you'd freaked out was when your leg bounced up and down at a rapid pace. but that was thanks to your super speed, giving away the fact you were slightly nervous.

peter on the other hand, had never looked so pale. sure, it's what he's always wanted to do, fight alongside his childhood heroes and make them proud. but something fogged behind his eyes, worrisome thoughts.

maybe it was because you recently became a couple, after liking each other for years. he was sure he loved you the most, but you'd beg to differ. it was peter, precious, perfect little parker.

"yeah, we're ready, cap" you smiled, standing to your feet as the quinjet came to land. peter joined your side, his hand reaching out for yours.

you gladly took it, giving him a squeeze to reassure him. "just, be careful" he muttered, turning to face you.

"we'll be fighting alongside each other. i won't leave your sight" you chuckled, kissing his cheek.

"but, you know, you do" he replied, taking your other hand in his. "you've got super speed, you're literally gone in seconds."

"peter" you sighed, tilting your head. you knew he got a little over protective when there was any sort of danger around. maybe your reckless nature made him worry a little too much. "i'll be fine. we got this."

"enough staring at each other, teenlings" tony said, making you roll your eyes and peter blush. "you better prove you're ready cause these guys won't give you another option."

"got it, mr stark" you said as everyone gathered to the opening of the ship. you and peter both pulled on your masks, giving each other one last glance before you sped off into the messy fight.

nat and clint followed you, bucky and steve hung back with peter as thor, sam, wanda and vision flew off somewhere.

the battle was gruesome. whatever these creatures were, their blood was blue and disgusting. peter wrinkled his nose at the first one he killed, seeing the insides and how grim it looked.

"c'mon, focus up, queens" steve said to try and snap peter back to reality. he knew he wasn't going to be at his best, worrying about you occupied his mind. but he needed to trust you, so he could get on with his job.

further on, you were smashing into the aliens, blue blood going everywhere. you stopped to take a break and shake out your legs. peter always encouraged you to take a break, even if you didn't want to.

"y/n! look out!" clint's voice yelped into the intercom. you looked up as a huge space craft started to shoot. beams landed around you as you tried to dodge them to the best of your agile movements.

when they seemed to stop, a larger alien decided to have a fist fight with you. for most of it, you were winning; kicking him several hundred times, punching him an equal amount.

but then, his friend came along and grabbed your arm. the two stretched you out like they were having a tug of war, until a shooter from the ship moved and aimed at you.