15 | night shift (1)

scenario, peter and y/n have both been put on the night shift, who knows if you have a reason to dislike him - 1.4k words
warnings, angsty teens, cUSSing, dramatic ass kids
pairing, avengers! reader
powers, teleportation
- similar to my dream the other night lol

•.•.•

"right, who's on the night shift tonight?" tony asked as you all gathered in the kitchen. you stood by nat's side, picking at your sweater whilst the same drill that's been going on for weeks, plays out: who goes on the night shift.

since the thanos era, the avengers decided on having 2 people on look out at the avengers building at all times. they half it; two during the day and two on the night shift.

you'd already taken the day shift once already with scott and it's safe to say, he's probably the best person to do the shifts with. he kept you entertained for hours, it came natural to him.

"i did it last night and i'm still tired" nat moaned.

"okay, no nat and banner cause they did it last night" steve says, his arms folded as per usual. "any volunteers?"

everyone was silent, until the overly perky peter parker raised his hand. "i'll do it" he smiled shyly.

you'd not been so keen on the newest member of the avengers. he was the same age as you, he even went to the same school and that's where your dislike started.

he was smart and you could say you envied it. he'd answer the question before you could even take a breath. you made friends with liz, but hated how he goo goo eyed her like a dumbass.

maybe there was a reason for all of those feelings.

"thanks, pete" tony said. "and i'm pairing you with..y/n."

you glared at tony, of course he'd put you two together. he's been so desperate for you both to bond and he finally had the opportunity.

"you've got to be kidding me" you sighed, rolling your eyes. nat nudged your side, as if to stop you from being so hostile towards the boy.

tony shook his head and clasped his hands together. "right, so there we have it. get ready, you're changing over from wanda and vision in 5."

with a groan, you watched as peter made his way to the stairs. you decided to teleport right in front of him, scaring the living daylights out of him.

"shit!-y/n. don't do that" he said, clutching his heart from the shock.

you shook your head and crossed your arms. "no."

a few seconds later, you were gone and into your room. since it was midnight, pyjamas seemed like the best option. you pulled on your bottoms and the navy hoodie you slept in, before teleporting to the roof.

"you are relived with your duties" you said drily, hugging wanda as vision passed you.

"try not to bite his head off" wanda petted your head kindly. "he's nice to you, you know."

you shrugged, "mhm, sure."

after they left, peter appeared in his red t shirt and grey pyjama bottoms. his curls were messy as he brushed them back with his hand.

he made his way over to you, before you quickly teleported to the edge of the roof. you perched on the edge, swinging you legs with your back to peter.

he quietly sat a little further away, playing with his hands. "so, uh. what do you want to talk about?"

"nothing" you bluntly said, staring out at the sky.