6 | late night trips

scenario, peter and y/n take a midnight trip to the local store - 900 words
warnings, aggressive amount of fluff
pairing, high schooler! reader
- oh the simple life of cute midnight store dates ahh

•.•.•

"so, you up for it?" peter asked as he held your hands, swinging them in a cutesy manner.

it was a few minutes past midnight when he tapped on your window. you sleepily got up, rubbing your eyes to see peter with messy bed head and pyjamas.

"i don't know" you muttered. but, you couldn't resist his big brown eyes as the twinkles in the moonlight. "awe, but you're so cute when you're spontaneous."

he grinned at you, kissing your cheek before jumping back out onto the fire escape. you gave him a puzzling look before he shook out his curls. "what?"

"we're going in pyjamas?" you giggled. peter looked at you, his own blue midtown hoodie you wore accompanied by soft grey shorts.

he simply nodded and extended his arm. "we'll call it an adventure."

laughing at his antics and his own blue checkered pants with his grey hoodie get up. "okay, parker. only cause you're cute. and cause it's for iron man."

it was true. peter had told you that tony stark hardly sleeps and so asking him to pick up a few things in the early hours of the morning, wasn't much of a surprise.

he grips your waist before asking the question he asks every time you swing together, "you ready?"

with an excited nod, you were soon swinging through the empty streets of new york. luckily, it was a summer night and so it was clear and warm. peter held your waist tightly, feeling secure.

after a while of squealing and giggling, you both landed at your local 24 hour superstore. you hadn't noticed, as you continued to hold onto him. peter moved his hand down to your thigh, letting you know you were finally on the ground and okay to let go.

flustered, you sprung off of him. he brushed the hair out of your eyes. "you're adorable" he sighed.

you both entered the store, the bright lights making you squint. some tired workers greeted you as peter slung his arm around your shoulders, whilst checking the small list tony gave him.

"so, he mainly wants ice cream. just a few tubs and a box of milk duds" he says as you make your way to the frozen section.

"can we get some ice cream?" you pout at him. suddenly wearing shorts was a bad idea as you shivered, rubbing your arms.

he fished out the flavours for tony and looked back at you, full of awe. "yeah, sure. how about cookie dough?"

"or birthday cake?" you smirked.

"or a compromise; both" peter smiled, getting out the two tubs of your choices.

soon after, you found the confectionary aisle. the milk duds were all the way on the top shelf and since peter had his arms full of ice cream, you tried to get it.

your failed attempts left peter in a chuckling mess, trying to hide his blush. he loved how determined you looked with your knitted brows and tongue poking out. "here, lemme give you a boost."

he placed some tubs down and crouched for you to get on his shoulders. you obliged and climbed onto his shoulders, shooting up when he stood. he held your legs as you got the duds down.

peter placed you back down, handing him the box of milks duds. "you know, you could've got them when you put the tubs down. you know, with your webs."

"yeah, but you looked so set on it" he cooed. you reached up, locking your arms round his neck before giving him a long smooch.

"i love you."

"so so much."

after a couple more short kisses, you picked up the melting ice cream and went to the check out.

by now, you were both really tired as you leant against peter's shoulder. the cosy grey soft fabric of his jumper made you close your eyes. he kissed your head quickly whispering, "we'll be home soon."

"i know, sorry."

you piled the tubs into a plastic bag, the cashier not really sure what to make of two tired teenagers buying 5 tubs of ice cream and milk duds at almost 1am.

you held onto the bag as peter swung by the avengers building, leaving the three tubs and milk duds on the doorstep and telling friday to let tony know.

after, peter swung you home and put your flavours into the freezer, since you fell asleep on his last swing by. you weren't accustomed to late nights and so peter knew it was inevitable.

he placed you onto your bed and brought the duvet over you. he kissed your forehead whispering, "good night, thanks for a great adventure" before crawling out the window and up to his apartment.

the next day, you didn't recall much of the night before. the only reminder of your late night escapade was when you looked in the freezer to find two tubs; one of your favourite flavour and the other of peter's.

he left a note on the lid, with his scruffy handwriting and a mini doodle of a web. it made you fall in love with the curly headed spider boy all over again.

ice cream for a date perhaps? i'll swing by later ;)