twelve

john b's pov
7:45 pm ; party time

i was cleaning my room when everyone but jj walked into my room. i turned to face them and coop jumped onto my back. i started to tickle her sides and she jumped off, trying to run away. i grabbed her and laid her on the bed, continuing the tickling.

"john b!" she yelled, breathless.

kie then jumped onto my back, stopping me and coop ran away.

"i swear to god, the more you and coop hang out, the more you act like brother and sister." pope playfully rolled his eyes at me while kie was still on my back.

kie jumped off and coop ran in the room. jj following. coop had jj's juul in her hand and was trying to get away from jj. coop jumped onto the bed and jj went around pope to hop over to coop, but she got away fast enough.

coop ran out of the room and jj laid on the bed already exhausted.

"she is a piece of work man." jj breathed.

kie followed pope out of my room and i laid next to jj.

"would you ever catch feelings for coop?" i asked him as we both looked up at the ceiling.

"nah, i just think she's hot." jj stated.

"so you wouldn't be mad if she started macking on someone else?" i looked over at him. he had a new cut on his lip, one he hadn't had before, but i ignored it like usual.

"nah, i could care less." he shrugged.

"jj, i see the way you look at her. you don't just look at her like she is a piece of meat. yesterday, when she was over, i caught you about three different times just starting at her, almost like you were examining her."

"jb, you got it all wrong. she's hot. that's all. i would never catch feelings for a kook."

"you lazy ass' gonna come help set up?" coop said sticking her head in the door, she threw jj's juul at us.

jj grabbed it and we got up and walked out of my room. the bed now a mess after i just put it together.

i walked into the kitchen, saying bye to my dad as he left to go do some things with ward.

coop made sure to make him promise he wouldn't tell rose about the party because she didn't want to get into any trouble.

coop's pov
8:00 pm ; party time

everyone started to pile onto john b's yard. we tried to keep it quiet but there was more people here than we could of imagined. topper and his crew were even here, but i kept that silent.

i knew the two groups didn't get along from what sarah was talking about earlier so i didn't want to start anything.

what i have learned though is that, when it comes to parties, no one really cares if you are a pogue or kook. you are just there to party.

i walked over to the kegger that was sitting on the porch. there was some people chilling by it just talking but i ignored it, grabbing a cup and filling it.

"so you hang with pogues now?" i heard from behind me.

i turned around and rafe was behind me. i haven't talked to him in a while.

"yeah, but that's not for you to worry about." i shrugged and took a sip of the beer in my cup.

"if you are under the roof that i am under it most definitely is something for me to worry about." he grabbed my wrist pulling me away from the people by the kegger.

"okay first, don't fucking touch me, second, i can do what ever i damn well please. you are surely not my father and you can't tell me what i can and can't do whether we live under the same roof or not. now get away from me." i scoffed at him and tried to walk away.

he grabbed my wrist again and whispered in my ear, "you don't know who you are fucking with, i can have you gone by tomorrow." he tightened his grip.

"not if your sisters have anything to do with it." i shrugged, pulling my arm away, walking away.

rafe and i never got along, unless he was high. he was always nagging about me being so upset with being a kook. he hated that i would rather be poor and on the cut.

"how's the turtle talk?" i asked as i walked up to kie and a random boy.

"great, i was just telling him about-" i cut kie off.

"no thanks."

she let out a small laugh and understood that i was joking. "so find any cute boys?"

"no. rafe came up to me though, tried to threaten me. he also grabbed my wrist hella hard." i grabbed my wrist after putting my drink down.

"it's a little red, hopefully it won't bruise." kie said inspecting it.

"i should be okay, nothing that hasn't happened before." i sent her a smile.

"wait rafe is hurting you at home?" she looked at me concerned.

"no, oh god no, i meant my dad."

"oh, right." she nodded her head.

"what we talking about pretty ladies!" pope came running up to us.

"oh the usual, periods and tampons." i shrugged at him. he sent us a nasty look and kie held in her laugh.

"i hate your sarcasm shit." pope chuckled, sitting next to me.

"get used to it, it ain't stopping." i nudged him lightly.

i gulped down the rest of my drink, looking over at kie, "i'm going to get another one, want one?"

"yes please."

"pope?"

"i'm okay." he shot me a smile.

i walked over to the kegger and filled two cups, jj walking up and grabbing one. "for me? thanks." and he chugged it.

"for kie, but sure." i filled another.

i could smell the beer radiating off of jj's lips. he was definitely the one to get completely fucked.

"hey, i got weed, wanna smoke?" he asked me, looking over at kie and pope, waving.

"yeah, but where? we do it out here and you'll have a bunch of people wanting to fein off you." i said as we walked over to kie and pope.

i handed kie a cup and she said her thanks.

"john b's van, that's usually where i smoke." he flashed me a smile and walked into the chateau, i followed.