thirteen

9:25 pm ; john b's van

i followed jj out of the chateau and over to john b's van. it was definitely something. the van was run down, but still looked to be in good condition.

jj slid the door open, letting me in first. i got in and he followed, both of us sitting down. jj pulled out his phone for a flash light and had me hold it so he could see.

as jj grinded up some weed someone banged on the window, john b's face being revealed as i shown the flash light at him.

jj opened the door and john b smiled once he noticed who was all in the car, "no sex in my car!" he yelled and walked away with a grin on his face.

jj glanced at me and shook his head as he put some of the bud into a wrap. after he put as much as he could, he closed it and started to lick the side of it to keep it closed. he then packed it down some more to add a little bit more. after finally finishing i shut the light off from his phone and put it into my lap, grabbing the lighter out of his bag.

jj lit the lighter and then the blunt. inhaling, then exhaling and coughing. i started to giggle but knowing i would cough made me stop.

"i haven't smoked with anyone since i left my dads." i said as he handed it to me.

"well, now you got me to smoke with." he looked over at me.

"true." i shrugged, taking a hit. i inhaled blowing out right away.

as i started to cough, jj looked at his bag then grabbed it, searching. "here." he handed me a water bottle.

i took it after handing him the blunt, drinking some water. it was pretty warm but it helped the coughing a bit.

i sat back and watched as jj stuck the blunt between his lips as he was digging threw his bag again. he looked confused and i just smiled at the boy.

jj looked over at me as i was in deep thought and waved his hand in front of my face.

"sorry." i giggled, "what?"

"where is my phone?" he asked still looking in the bag.

i looked at my lap and started to laugh, "here." i handed it to him and he laughed and shook his head.

"i even watched you put that shit in your lap." he said handing me the blunt.

"already high or what?"

"maybe drunk." he shrugged.

jj kept his eyes on my lips as i exhaled. after i removed the blunt for a second time he looked up at my eyes and realized he was staring.

"so how's your first party?" he asked, putting one leg up on the seat to face me.

"not bad," i handed him the blunt, "i mean, i drank a bit, talked to rafe, now i'm smoking with you. it's been chill."

"you talked to rafe? he is here."

"jj stay calm, he isn't doing anything. he just came to drink." i grabbed jj's hand to calm him, not realizing until after.

jj looked at our touching hands then said, "this was just supposed to be a pogue party." jj rolled his eyes as he wiped off some of the moisture of the foggy window. he was looking if he could see rafe, which was doubtful.

"it was yes. but what do you expect, word gets around." i added, not really helping rafe's case.

"i can't believe you have to live with him. like that boy is a piece of shit but gets to have you in the next room over." jj said handing me the blunt, which i took with the hand that was holding jj's.

i looked over at jj and he looked upset but i didn't know what to say after that comment.

"i haven't talked to him in a while if that helps. the only reason we talked today was because he wanted to know if i was hanging with pogues now."

"helps a bit, but he is still a dirtbag."

i laughed at his comment and took a hit from the blunt. it was getting down to the butt of it.

"did you know that if you inhale it and hold it in, it damages your brain cells?" i asked jj as he threw the end of it out the door. lighting up the van. it was full of smoke.

"is that proven?" he shut the door after letting some of the air out.

"no clue, i heard it from my aunt one time." i smiled at him.

jj shook his head, laughing. he looked at me for a minute, taking in my facial features, "i don't know if this is the alcohol talking or just me, but you have a nice smile." jj said, looking at me.

"i can't tell either, but thank you."