twenty nine

coop's pov
7:45 am ; monday

i sat down stairs eating breakfast as topper and sarah sat in the living room. they were watching a movie, but really they were just giggling and talking.

i took a bite of my cinnamon toast crunch as ward came into the front door.

"where is rose?"

"um, showering?" sarah said more of a question.

i watched him walk up the stairs and i continued eating.

after what happened last night, i have been ignoring all of kie's calls. i wasn't in the mood to talk about kelce, or jj, or anyone for that matter.

i wanted to be alone and make sure my head heals properly, but kie wasn't having that. she made me promise i would go on a boat ride with her, john b and pope today, but i'm not dumb. knowing her she would have jj come and we both would be surprised that the other is there.

but maybe it was a good idea. maybe talking to jj wasn't going to go as bad as i imagined, maybe it will all be fine and it will all go back to normal?

but who knew?

i put my bowl into the dishwasher, putting the milk and cereal box away as well, walking up stairs to my room.

kie said she was coming to get me at 8:20 so i had some time. i walked to my closet and picked out an outfit to wear along with my swim suit.

 i walked to my closet and picked out an outfit to wear along with my swim suit

jj's pov

jj's pov

"so whats up man?" john b looked over at me.

"nothing." i shook my head at him.

obviously they knew what was up. when i fought with coop a week ago, it was hard to deal with. learning that she didn't have the same feelings.

i mean i get it, she can't pretend like she does, but she kissed me, she did. she made that move and that was stupid for her to do if she has no feelings.

i was mad and i had the right, she acted like she liked me. she would take my hat and she would stare at me and make cute little jokes towards me liking her and she would always sit by me when she could and she would cuddle with me and hold my hand, she would do all these little things, but she didn't have feelings? she just pretended and then hurt me? who does that shit?

oh wait, a kook.

"don't even. you are drinking, you are lashing out. what's wrong?" kie said sternly.

"i said nothing, can't i just have some time to cope. lexi and i got into a fight for fucks sake, now let me sit and have my moment."

"it's coop, not lexi, and you know that." pope looked over at me and took my beer out of my hand.

i abruptly got out of my chair and walked to the water, taking my shirt off and jumping in.

i wanted nothing more than to just be by myself right now. but it wasn't their faults so i said yes to going on the boat ride. it would be a distraction from coop anyway.

coop's pov

"i'm leaving!" i yelled as i walked out of the house. kie texted me that she was here and to come quick because john b wanted to leave soon.

i walked over to her car and got in.

"how's the head?"

"nice to see you too." i smirked at her.

"sorry," she giggled, "but really?"

"it's fine, i'm taking pain killers so it's cool." i shrugged.

"good."

"so this boat ride? a way to get me and jj talking?" i raised an eyebrow.

"you're to smart for your own good." she let out a laugh, "but yeah. we were thinking that it was a good idea, but before i left jj lashed out yet again. he just keeps getting into these moods and i'm getting sick of it."

i sat back in my chair, "i'm sorry."

"it is not your fault."

"it is though, i mean, i hyped jj up so much. then i just shut him down like he was nothing, but kie, he means more to me then anything. it's just hard with family and rose and all my thoughts."

"he needs to know that," she looked over at me then back to the road.

"i know, but he won't listen."

"he better because we aren't moving that boat from the middle of the water until you two talk it out."

"you three are going to sit through it all?"

"coop, we want to be yours and his support. we want to be there if things get bad." she said the last part a little to quite.

"bad? why would they get bad?"

"jj, he uh, he has been drinking, a lot."

"oh." i looked out the window. "he wouldn't do anything to me though right?"

"we are hoping."

"oh."