twenty

jj's pov

"i'll be back." coop said and as soon as she exited the van everyone faced me.

"spill." kie said.

"what-" pope cut me off.

"don't even try, she is wearing your hate for god sake."

i smiled at the thought. "there really is nothing to spill."

"so you guys haven't even kissed or anything?" kie question.

i shook my head.

"i have so much more respect for her." she laughed.

"by now i figured-" i cut pope off this time.

"guys, i don't even think she likes me like i like her." i stated but them my checks became hot. i never actually told them that i liked coop. i never even actually came to the conclusion myself.

"jj has feelings for a KOOK!" john b yelled making everyone crack up.

"we all know she isn't a kook." i playfully rolled my eyes at them.

"that's definitely not what you said earlier this week." kie stated.

"that was before, this is now."

"so do you actually have feelings for coop?" pope asked, interested like everyone else.

i shrugged, "i mean, yeah. i think so anyway. i don't know, i'v never had feelings before."

kie started to laugh, along with the other two. "you definitely do, no question about it."

i put my head back and smiled. they weren't wrong.

"yo, one of you gonna help me put this shit on top of the van or are you all just gonna interrogate jj the whole time?" coop said from outside the van. that made pope and kie duck, not wanting to except the fact that they were just caught.

john b got out, strapping her board to the roof. then both of them getting back in.

coop turned around and winked at me, patting both kie and pope on the head as they were still ducked down. "losers."

i shook my head laughing at her. god she was something else.

—♡—
coop's pov
11:34 am ; the wreck

us five walked into the wreck. we sat ourselves, jj making sure he was next to me. but i'm sure i wasn't supposed to notice that.

a waiter, who i haven't seen before, came and took or drink order. she probably works when kie doesn't.

"so, you gonna show us some moves on the water today?" john b joked towards me.

"yeah totally." i said sarcastically. "i'm probably better than all you guys."

"definitely not, i could rip you to shreds on the water." jj piped in.

"yeah probably. truthfully, i'm not that good at surfing. i mean i'm not horrible, but having a man, who let me tell you, can barely even stand on his own two feet, teach you how to surf. it's not that easy." i shrugged, grabbing the water the waiter placed down and sipping on it.

"well, we'll see how good you are and start from there." pope said, also taking a sip.

the waiter took our order and we just talked. it was pretty full in the wreck, so we had to be semi loud for us all to hear eachother.

"lexi, with pogues, yet again." i heard from behind me. i already knew who it was so i ignored it. everyone else was either looking at me or rafe behind me.

"you like being a dirty pogue?" he whispered in my ear but made sure everyone else heard it.

"i can kick you out." kie started but i shook my head at her.

the more you egg them on the more they just push.

"oh, so you can't talk to me now?" rafe continued. "come on lexi, i'm your brother now aren't i?"

i still looked ahead of myself, not wanting any of it.

"fine, be that way, live your dirty pogue life, and keep macking on john b." he said trying to think of cleaver things to say to get to me.

it wasn't getting to me, but it got to jj. jj stood up quickly being face to face with rafe.

i finally turned around and saw topper and kelce behind rafe.

"say it again." jj said, getting pissed off.

"keep macking on john b." rafe repeated, which earned him a punch from jj.

"STOP!" i yelled but rafe planted one on jj.

jj fell back a bit, taken by surprise. as soon as he was about to go in for another punch, pope held him back.

"i swear jj if you get into a fight because of me i will beat the living shit out of you myself." i stated, pushing rafe away from me and him falling into toppers arms.

"leave." i told them three sternly and kelce guided them out.

jj sat down, upset and pope calmly sat down after him. "jj, your nose is bleeding." john b said.

i looked over at jj and he looked to be full of adrenaline to even notice.

i grabbed his arm and pulled him out of his chair, walking us to the bathroom.

"you have to understand that i can handle rafe on my own. and jj, you can't let what he says get to you. he says shit to piss people off, you have to ignore his dumb ass." i put some toilet paper in his hands while cleaning the blood off his face.

"he makes me want to bash his head in."

"yeah i get that, but what good would that do? that would just have topper and kelce sent after you."

i cleaned the rest of his face, tilting his head back and looking at it to see if it was broken, but it wasn't.

"thanks for stopping him, after the punch to the nose, i didn't know if i could beat rafe in a fight." he stated, now looking at himself in the mirror.

"yeah, it's no problem. now lets go eat so you guys can watch me eat shit on the water."

jj and i walked out and the other three were already eating.

we sat down and started to eat as well.

"i'm surprised topper and kelce didn't join in right away." john b stated.

"i feel like topper doesn't want to do anything to bad in front of me so if ward were to ask me about him, i could give him a good review." i shrugged taking a bite of my toast.

"i'm assuming for sarah." kie asked rolling her eyes.

"yeah."