forty four

6:30 am : leaving day

i woke up at around 6:30 am and just laid in bed. i was leaving for the airport in 30 minutes and i didn't want to move.

all of my things we packed, ward's doing, so i had nothing to do. except tell jj.

i rolled out of bed and put my last pair of clothes on, just stripping in the middle of my room not caring.

i didn't want to leave, but i knew i had too. it was what rose and ward wanted for the most part, but i do actually miss my dad, and maybe he has changed and i'm thinking all wrong about it. maybe he is my old dad again.

i grabbed my pj's and walked down the stairs. sarah ran up to me and hugged me, followed by wheezie.

"i'm going to miss you so much coop." sarah cried, making me tear up.

"i'll be back, faster than anything. i'll be gone for just a while."

they let go of me and wheezie was full on balling. i hugged her again.

"i'm going to miss you two, i love you both." i told them.

"coop, what if you never return?" wheezie asked.

"i will, and plus, we can call and text, i promise." i winked at her.

"if he hasn't changed, call me, i will fight my dad to have you come live here again." sarah stated.

"i will."

they walked me out to my car that ward is lending me to take to the air port.

"i already miss you coop, come back and visit as much as you can, please." sarah cried.

"i will, i will come back as much as i can."

"i will send you money so you can fly out okay?"

"okay, thanks sarah."

"i love you." wheezie said, waving.

"i love you guys."

i walked to the car and watched as they walked to the front step, watching me leave.

i didn't plan on saying bye to rose or ward seeing as theg won't care to much.

and rafe was out of the picture.

i started the car and knew that i had to drive to john b's.

once i pulled in i grabbed my phone and called jj's number. after about two rings jj picked up.

"what's up princess?" i could here is grogy voice.

"um, can you, uh, come outside and to my car please?"

"yeah, why are you okay? are you crying? coop what's wrong?" jj sounded worried and i just didn't answer.

i watched jj run out of the chateau, phone still by his ear. he pulled his phone down and ended the call, getting in my car.

"hey coop, what's wrong? are you okay?"

"jj, i have to talk to you, it's important, and it might not end well." i said.

jj nodded, "go on."

"jj, i'm moving, today." i looked down at my fingers.

"oh on the cut?" he sent me a smile.

"no, um, i'm moving in with my dad, in the bahamas." i felt a tear fall down my face.

"wait what? why?"

"about two months ago, ward and rose told me how my dad was going to improve. how he is getting help, and well they pretty much told me that if he improves, i have to move. and i mean, school starts tomorrow, so i'm leaving today."

"so what does that mean?" i saw a tear fall from jj's eye.

"we uh," i couldn't get myself to say the words. "jj we have to break up."

"what do you mean we have to break up? it's been two months, we can try distance. we can try it, i know we can. please don't do this. coop, please." jj was full on crying now.

"jj, i'm leaving, far away. it would be to hard, on both of us, to date when we can't even see eachother. i promise, when i get a job, money, i will come back, i'll come back to see you, but that's not gonna be for a long while, so i just think it's best if we break up."

"it hurts. it hurts that you never told me, it hurts that it is happening today, it hurts that i actually finally loved someone and they are just going to leave."

"i'm sorry jj, i should have told you sooner, but it was hard, and there was never a good time."

"really? never a good time? at anytime you could have pulled me aside and been like 'hey so guess what, i'm moving at the end of the summer.' but no, you decide the day of to tell me. pathetic." jj was hysterically crying now. he got out of my car and slammed the door. i just sat there, if i knew i didn't have to leave at this moment i would have chased him, but i had to go, and this was the last time i would see jj maybank. the heart that i broke. the last time we ever made eye contact.

i broke the man i loved.