twenty one

12:20 ; surfing

12:20 ; surfing

us five all ran into the water, laying down on our stomachs. we paddled out further in the water.

i watched kie take the first wave. seeming like nothing to her. then pope, then john b.

jj high fived john b before surfing a wave himself, making it my turn.

i did what i remembered to do, trying to not embarrass myself. but soon after, standing up on my bored, i could tell i wasn't going to fail completely. i road the wave all the way to the end, having them all holler at me.

"you did it on the first wave." pope said, high fiving me.

"i'm just as surprised as you guys are." i let out a laugh, straddling my board now.

"you looked good out there." jj said, floating up next to me as we watched kie catch another wave.

"you didn't look to bad yourself." i sent him a smile.

i looked ahead of kie and over to the light house. "i bet the view up there is beautiful." i stated, not realizing jj had no idea what i was talking about.

"what?" he asked.

i just shook my head and laid back down on my stomach. "lets go." i told him.

jj's pov

i looked over at the light house once i realized what coop meant. i nodded agreeing with my thoughts and paddling over to everyone else with coop.

as us five all caught a few more waves, we were all getting pretty tired.

"yo, how about we go back to old times and have big john grill us up some lunch?" kie asked john b.

"i'm down." he nodded, calling his dad once he got out of the water.

"coop." i grabbed onto the string of her ankle strap, pulling her next to me. "i have a question."

"ask." she sent me a smile.

"what are you doing tonight? anything?"

she thought for a moment, "nothing other than the usual." she shrugged.

"alright, i want to bring you some where, keep your schedule clear after 10 pm tonight."

she nodded in agreement and we both got out of the water.

"my dad says it's fine, we can grill. he needs buns though, so we have to stop at the store."

everyone nodded, getting into the van after pope strapped all of our boards to the roof.

coop sat in the back with me this time, me lighting up a blunt and handing it to her.