forty two

two days before the end of summer
coop's pov
11:00 am : camerons
friday

i sat in my room, packing. it wasn't a good friday to say the least. i didn't want to leave, but i was pretty much being kicked out.

ward went to my dads house about two months ago, and spent a week with him. he made sure he wasn't drinking, or doing drugs because i guess he picked that up when i left.

ward said he was clear, he said that he found no trace of alcohol in the house or on his breath.

i guess he even met with his rehab provider. ward said he talked to her for about two hours on a lunch thing. i don't know. i don't believe it right now, but i guess i will when i get there.

i haven't told anyone. i mean, sarah and wheezie know, but kie, pope, john b and especially jj don't know.

i should have told them all sooner, but it's already to late, and it was always a hard topic to bring up.

jj will probably go ballistic, but it's already planned and now i can't change it.

—♡—

i was hanging out with the guys, and kie today, and i had to find a way to tell them.

i want to tell them all separately but i don't think that would work.

i got up from my bedroom floor after i put my last thing away in suitcases. my room, was not my room anymore.

i took a glance around and just sighed, "this is it, last day here."

"COOPER!" i heard some scream as they walked into my room.

"kie? john b?" i asked in confusion.

"wow, where is all your things?" kie asked.

"um, guys i have to tell you something. where is the other two?"

"in the van, we came to pick you up." john b answered, looking around.

"i, uh, i'm moving." i said looking at them, "with my dad."

"WHAT?" john b's eyes got big and he just starred at me.

"ward and rose are lowkey kicking me out, but i knew about this for the past two months. ward went and met with my dad to see if he stopped his drinking, and i guess he did. ward and rose said if he did, i had to pretty much move back."

"you knew about this, and didn't tell us?" kie looked upset.

"yeah." was all i said, it was all i could say.

us three sat in silence for a few moments.

"well, let's make your last day a day to remember." john b shrugged, and kie agreed.

"wait, don't tell jj, i have to be the one."

"jj doesn't know?" kie's eyes went big like john b's did before.

"no."

i watched as kie and john b looked at eachother. i knew i messed up just by the looks they were giving eachother.

"i fucked up, i know, but i have to go, like this isn't completely my choice anymore." i tried, but there was no going back now.

"let's just go, we will figure it out later." kie stated, us all leaving my room.