8

^^ Ki-Dae's outfit ^^

(One week later)

Ki-Dae POV

I stirred my coffee and took a small sip tasting the sweet french vanilla. I've dropped my smoking addiction and began drinking coffee instead. Coffee is sweeter than cigarettes ever will be.  It was early in the morning and I was watching the sunrise, today Hyunseung was scheduled to leave I was worried about him going to the military, he could get hurt, dread his time there, hell he could die. All I could do was hope things will go smoothly for me and him. The seemed to go by faster than I had liked. I had no clue what I would do if I ran into any of them.  Would I say something? Would I ignore them? Would they even recognize me? 

I've been trying to find information on who Changkyun was. I was able to find some but very limited. He's connected to Yoongi somehow. His information is just too small to not be. I've never met someone at his age who's never had a job, didn't pursue school, and doesn't have any history of a street address. I mean I suppose it's technically possible but very doubtful. It does make my mind wonder though. How quickly did they find out I was here. I took another small sip from my coffee letting the warm sweet liquid slide down my throat. I ran my tongue across my bottom lip quickly. Running a hand through my freshly cut shorter black hair. Recently throughout the week, I found a salon the cut my hair that used to be at my waist but was now a little last the boob. Quite short for me. And I did a simple black dye to the silver hair I once had.

"What could they possibly want from me now?" I mutter swirling my spoon in my coffee. The sun was fully up now. I clicked the sleep button on my phone to see the time 6:59 it showed in white. I got up making Hyunseung a nice meal. He would probably be up soon I finished making the stacks of French toast and I put some tin foil over it so it would stay warm. I made myself another cup of coffee, I've been drinking a lot of coffee lately. My phone buzzed lightly opening up the phone I noticed it was a text from Mark.

Mark- Today's the day Hyunseung is leaving for the military right? If you need me I'm only one call and 3 blocks away

Ki-Dae- Yeah today he's leaving and I told you I'm fine but I'll keep you in mind when I'm lonely

Mark was so goofy. I put my phone down my phone buzzed again and again after that but I didn't bother to check it. I heard the light steps of Hyunseung coming into the room.

"Good morning," he said smiling. A sad smile but still a smile. I smiled small back at him. He grabbed a plate and grabbed a few stacks of french toast. Before sitting down and eating.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, and get ready I'll be back in a few minutes," I said walking out of the kitchen. The atmosphere in the house was sad and gloomy. I tried to prevent just that but it seems my efforts were pointless.

I made it to our room we only had roughly an hour and a half til Hyunseung left.

Quickly I stripped off my clothing and hopped into the lukewarm water. I used my vanilla scented soaps, shampoos, and conditioners. Much like coffee vanilla was a newfound love. My shower was short-lived but it was nice while it lasted. I wrapped a big black towel around me and quickly dried myself off. I decided to do my hair first. Taking off the towel around me and tossing it into the laundry bin, I took the silk red wine-colored robe and put it on.  Quickly taking a hairdryer and within a short span of 15 minutes, my hair was completely dry. I plugged in my straightener quickly straightening my hair section by section. I decided that the recruitment station would probably be busy so I went ahead and decided to wear an outfit that didn't draw attention. Which were black jeans that had the detail I liked, black combat boots, a black hoodie, and my signature black cap with the hood tossed over it. I checked the time we had 30 minutes. 

I went down to the kitchen to see Hyunseung but he wasn't there, ever since he told me about his leaving for the military he's been distant. I can understand why but I wish we could've enjoyed our time a bit more. Grabbing my phone I sat on the sectional couch. Soon Hyunseung came down from the stairs and he was wearing a grey V-neck with his jacket and a casual pair of black jeans, It complemented his grey hair well. He smiled at me slightly, before picking up his duffel bag and tossing it over his shoulder. 

"shall we start walking Ki-Dae?" he asked holding out his hand I nodded taking it. Locking the front door we began the 20-minute walk. It was a tense silence. The clouds above us were gathered and made the sky appear a dark blue-ish grey. I wish our last bit of time was filled with happiness and giggling like it was when we were in Japan.... 

I miss Japan a lot. I've contemplated going back while Hyunseung was away. 

"Ki-Dae? Ki-Dae?? Hello?" HYunseung shook my shoulders. 

"Yeah? I'm sorry I was zoning out.".... and apparently for a long time since the recruitment station was in view. 

"Did you hear anything I said?" he asked curiously, to which I shook my head no. He bit his lip sighing out. 

"Do you remember when you were 8 and you had to give that puppy that you found back to the Oh-Shu family?" I nodded feeling confused about what that has to do with anything he grabbed both my hands as we approached the steps to the building. Looking into my eyes he held a strong poker face. 

"Do you remember what my mom said to you?" He asked. 

"That if I love it let it go?" I asked, out of nowhere I felt my stomach ache, but not out of pain but out of fear, anxiety, and anxiousness. I've watched The Bride of the Water God, I think I know what happens next. 

"I love you Ki-Dae so I have to let you go," He said looking me in the eye. I took a deep breath feeling the stomach ache turn to nothing but rage. 

"Why" I asked, more demanded. 

"Ki-Dae it's hard to explain," He said softly. Though I didn't feel soft and mushy right now, I was pissed right now. I breathed out a big breath. 

"You moved me out of Japan to send me back here for your company, less than a day of being here you tell me I have 7 days with you until you join the military. Now you're breaking it off with me while I'm back at this hell hole, And I moved back here for you. It was all for you." He raised his hand to grab my hands and I quickly snatched my hand back. 

"Don't touch me" I muttered. 

"Ki-Dae it's not like that" 

"Yes, yes it is. You took my loyalty to you for granted" I seethed out. Very light sprinkles touched my hood. I spun on my feet turning to leave.

"I'm going back to Japan, I hope I never see you again"