Chapter 3

It soon became late afternoon and it was already time to serve dinner to the family.
Which isn't much honestly. The only ones there were Shirlette, Shin, and his grandparents on his father's side.

I started serving the appetizers to the family members. As I was about to serve the final one, I noticed Shirlette smiling at me.

'I'm getting an ominous feeling...'

The servants that are in charge of the were me and 2 others. All we had to do now was stand.

The family began talking about their day. Shin was awfully silent for some reason. Shirlette noticed and asked.

"Shin, are you not feeling well?"

He replied with a smile
"Haha no mom, I'm just tired cause of school. We had combat training today,"

"Ah, did you get hurt?"

"Nope"

'He sure is good at acting'

Based on the original novel, he had a fall out with one of his best friends. A few chapters later they become rivals for Aria.

The family was just about finished with dessert when Shirlette clapped her hands grabbing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Everyone, I have an announcement. I decided to let my son have a personal assistant!"

'Personal assistant my ass'

Shirlette's mother-in-law Camille then asked

"Oh my, who is it?"

"I have decided to give it to Ren Civan!" She said happily, proud of her decision

The three of them smile, aside from Shin of course

"Why, this is perfect! Shin will finally have someone to talk to here his age" Letros, Shin's grandfather chimed in.

Although I can't really say I'm happy, it would be rude to frown so I give a big smilr to them thanking them for the opportunity

"Thank you very much! But, I don't think Young Master Shin will like it very much so it's up to him"

Before Shin could argue Shirlette quickly said

"Ah nonsense! I already said you can, and you should! I personally picked you because I would be really happy if you two
could get along...Shin, do you not like it...?"
She said frowning

'uwah... she's a master at guilt-tripping alright. Just like in the original.'

Shin replied timidly

"W-well... I didn't say I disagreed... If mom wants to do it, then I'll give it a try"

Shirlette's face brightened up hearing that

"Well that settles it! I'm planning to have Ren accompany you to school by next week! Ah, youth..."

"Haha, this is very surprising. To think today would be this eventful" Letron added

'...is it really that important?'

I acted like I was happy again and gave then my thanks

"Young Master Shin, I may be new at this but I will do my best not to trouble you too much"

For the sake of the atmosphere, Shin smiled. But his eyes of course didn't. It looked cold.

"Haha, yes, let's get along"

The chatter died down. And when the family went out my colleagues and Leron worried about me and gave me some tips on what to do. I thanked them and off I went to the sleeping quarters.

'ah... Saying thank you a lot sure is annoying'

Along the hall I saw Shin glaring at me

It was inevitable. But my life's on the line okay?! TvT I can't just not do it I'll die!!!

"You. what did you say to my mother?"

"I merely just chatted with her today Young master Shin"

"To think you would manipulate her for this position. You disgust me"

'wtf Ik this is like an alternate universe but he's still the protagonist. Rude.'

"I'm sorry but there was no such thing"

"I thought I made it clear. You are nothing but a lowly servant" He said with no hint of warmth

"Young master Shin, I have already told you that you could decline. Also, Miss Shirlette was the one who asked me to do this..."

"Don't let me see you near me ever again"

'His glare really is as cold as ice'

I went back to my room and opened my profile again.

Nothing had changed aside from a new achievement.

"Achievement No. 2 : Personal Assistant"

"More like personal slave..." I muttered

I layed on the bed an thought to myself

'I really transmigrated. It's only the first day and I'm on bad terms with him.'

Letting out a sigh I tried getting comfortable and tried sleeping my
way through the night.

••••••

It was the next day.

I didn't get too much sleep but at least I got up on time.

As I was about to change clothes, I forgot this wasn't the modern world anymore.

'I-is this how you wear it?'

I barely managed to wear it somewhat decently and helped prepare breakfast for everyone.

One thing I noticed is that I do not have the memories of the past Ren Civan. But it seems his skills are still here. I honestly don't know how to cook, but I can here. Also, his body is finee. No homo, the body's mine now.

It was finally time to go upstairs and wake Shin up.

*Knock knock*

"I'm coming in Young master Shin"

I walk towards then bed and try waking him up

After a few tries, his eyes finally fluttered open

Seeing my face his eyes widened and turned cold instantly

"Get out."