Chapter 10

Just as Shin was about to speak, the door was forcefully opened showing Shirlette's worried face

"Shin! Are you okay??" She says worryingly

Shin just smiles at her mother

"I'm fine mother"

Shirlette walks toward Shin and found that he was injured

"You said you were fine!"

"This was just from all the chaos. It's nothing much..."

"You could've just used healing magic!"

'ouch, I'm insulted. I don't have magic yet TvT'

While Ren was busy with his inner thoughts Shin glanced at him

"There wasn't anyone with healing magic at the moment because the teachers were busy restraining my classmate. The teachers told Ren to come here to help me in the meantime"

'...he's covering for me?'

Shirlette looks at Ren and thank him

"Come on, let's go. Shin, don't go to school tomorrow"

"But mother, I'm fi-"

"-no"

Shin just sighs and reluctantly agrees

Shirlette was in front of us while we were walking.

Although Shin was mean, I'm glad he kept his mouth shut.

"Thank you Young master Shin"

He didn't respond, but it didn't matter

We rode the carriage, hearing the endless nagging of Shirlette along the way.

Today was quite tiring with all the walking and running. The share skill shouldn't be used a lot. It almost doubles ny exhaustion as well.

While Shirlette was going to call a healer, she asked me to take Shin to his room.

We were silent along the way, and I still felt dizzy so I didn't really want to talk either.

"Are you dizzy?" Shin nonchalantly asked

"Was it that obvious?" Ren muttered

Shin was surprised by Ren acting so casually.

'so is this how he's normally like?'

Due to Ren's dizziness, he didn't notice that he said it out loud

Ren opened the door for Shin and bowed

"I hope you get well soon Young master. If you need anything, you can call the servants. I'll head back now"

'ah... I.want.sleep'

Since Shin won't go to school tomorrow, I probably won't either.

When I got to my room I quickly changed clothes and plopped to bed

"Maybe Shin's mom will let me have a day off tomorrow...."

*The next day

"You're going to school" Shirlette said with a 'I won't take a no for an answer' face as she just finished her breakfast

My day off...TvT

"But Miss, It's my responsibility to take care of the young master"

"And it's also your responsibility to learn. Go on. Shin will go back by Thursday, so rest easy"

'I could rest easy if you would let me stay here alright?!'

"....I understand. I'll go prepare now"
Ren inwardly sighs while going towards my room

Having entered, Ren began talking to himself again

"I should've given myself some wounds god damnit! AHHH. I was the one who used up my mana okay???"

He hurriedly went outside to ride on the carriage when a familiar figure appeared not too far away.

"Good morning Miss Aria, I'm afraid Shin will not be attending school until Thursday"
Ren said, who obviously noticed her gaze towards the sorroundings

"Is this related to the events from yesterday?"

"Yes, during the chaos of the evacuation, he got hurt. Rest assured, it's nothing serious"

"I see, well since I'm here, would you like to go to school with me?"

'I should use this chance to set them up for a date!'

"If Miss Aria doesn't mind, then this servant will accompany her" Ren said while slightly bowing

....It was then Ren remembered

'how do I start a conversation?'

The poor boy hasn't tried initiating conversations in his last world, how could he do it now?

"...Young master seemed a bit gloomy today. If this servant dares to give his opinion, this servant thinks visiting him would ease his gloominess"

"Ah, I see. Do tell him that I'll visit tomorrow"

"Understood"

After that exchange of words, the whole ride to Freya was silent. In short it was very, very awkward.

After thanking Aria, he went straight to class

Ren arrived a bit early, and as he was new here, many curious gazes were towards him. Thankfully, the teacher arrived.

He randomly took a spot in the corner where no one was sitting

" Due to some circumstances, I will be the one in charge of class today. My name is Sir Vern Fredo"

"Ah, before we start class, a new student has arrived. Please introduce yourself" Vern said with disinterest

Ren stood up, his face the epitome of cajlm bowing and many curious gazes fell on him once again

"Hello, I am Ren Civan. The personal assistant of Shin Lotriare. Pleased to meet you all"

'short and simple is the way to go'

As he sat down class started. It was about the basic elements of magic. Ren wasn't really interested considering he didn't even know how to increase mana to be able to learn any. So he didn't really pay attention but still copied some notes.

••••

During the day, nothing much happened obviously. The protagonist wasn't here so it was peaceful.

Whenever I encountered Aria, I gave praises to Shin and kept hinting that she and Shin should go out this weekend.

••••

It was the next day, and nothing much happened.Another servant took care of Shin. Also, Aria didn't come in the morning obviously since Shin isn't coming. That made me glad and rode a carriage from Lotriare to school.

Although there were some that were probably curious about me being the servant of Shin, none stuck around. Probably because I only gave short answers and deliberately acted cold.

The day went smoothly, and it was finally time for the new scene that I made

'hehe, Aria's gonna visit Shin probably all worried and who knows, they might have a date this weekend. This Ren shall never break his promises!' He thought to himself proudly